| 32 |

It had been a little over a week since the party at Suna's place. To say Sakusa was a mess would be an understatement — he was absolutely torn.

Losing Atsumu was, as he seen it, the worst thing that could've happened. A pure nightmare if you will, and yet, now he had to live that nightmare.

For days on end, Sakusa stayed cooped up in his room. He barely spoke with anyone, he barely left, his usual need for a simple hygiene routine was even fucked over, as now, Sakusa barely had the energy to leave his bed.

That fact being something a certain someone knew all to well.

"Kiyo?" Komori called from the other side of his cousin's door, only to get silence as a response. He knew Sakusa was up, he also knew the other was just hoping he'd go away.

Wrong.

Komori instead — gladly invited himself inside, dropping off a small bag he had with him by the door before making his way over to his cousin's bed.

"Go away Motoya.." Sakusa mumbled, his tone unsurprisingly bitter, and very obviously tired.

"Hm, y'know I considered that option before I knocked, and I've decided against it." The brunette shrugged softly, a small chuckle leaving his mouth as he took a seat on the end of Sakusa bed.

There was a small moment of silence shared between the two, it was a tad bit awkward, but before it could escalate — Komori piped up.

"Be real with me cuz.. how're you feeling? I know the answer to that's probably bad, but I still gotta ask." Komori sighed softly, looking to Sakusa who'd finally decided to sit up instead of staying buried away under his covers.

"Like shit." Sakusa sighed bitterly, said ravenette rubbing his eyes slightly before finally managing to look to his cousin.

"I fucked up in just about the worst way possible, and to top it off, I can't fix it. So y'know what Motoya, no shit I'm feeling 'bad'. I lost the only love I've ever fucking had." Every word that left Sakusa's mouth, came out more bitter than the last.

However — Komori didn't take it personally, he knew Sakusa didn't mean the harsh tone, he knew just how much his cousin was pissed off with himself among many things.

"Kiyo.. listen, this may not be what you want to hear, but," The brunette paused, catching Sakusa's attention for the moment. "Sometimes life is like this, sometimes it throws shit at us that we can't handle, and there's nothing was can do about it."

"Some things are out of people's power, and as much as it sucks, you've just got to come to terms with that. Yeah?" Komori reassured, and surprisingly, he actually got a nod from Sakusa.

"Look who's not talking out of their ass for once.." Sakusa rolled his eyes lightly, a small smile just barely making itself present, this to Komori was improvement.

"There's the Kiyo I know, of course you're back with an insult but — I'll take what I can get." Komori laughed and Sakusa let a small chuckle slip, he wouldn't say it, but he was thankful for having his cousin there.

"There we go — oh! And! I brought some Umeboshi with me, plus a few new games from my place — wanna play to get your mind off things?" The rather playful brunette questioned, he figured Sakusa might've needed something as a bit of a distraction.

Yet even then, he still expected a solid no at first, but thanks to just how badly Sakusa really needed that distraction — he agreed. Instantly.

"Actually, I'd like that.." Sakusa mumbled out, his smile smile staying present as he watched Komori clap his hands.

"Great! First though, take a shower dude, you might feel a bit better — and for after, I call first player!" Said brunette smiled slyly; watching as Sakusa shot him a glare before reluctantly nodding.

"Motoya, you're a dick." The dark-haired rolled his eyes playfully and stretched a bit. "One, I'm getting first player, and two, no shit about that shower."

"Ugh fine, but don't take forever — I can feel the need to beat you at Mario Kart just screaming my name." Komori grinned a bit, only to receive a light flick from Sakusa.

That of course earned some laughs from the both; it was great having one another around.

•••••°•••••°•••••

take this as you will, I got extremely distracted, and might just settle for uploading six parts tonight instead of nine ;-;

~koi ☕︎︎