| 31 |

"'Tsumu, you awake?" Suna questioned, his tone a little quieter just in case the other had still been sleeping.

It had been almost a week since the incident at the party went down, Sakusa and Atsumu haven't had any contact, and both were absolutely torn.

"Mhm, come in.." The faint voice of Atsumu's could be heard from inside, his throat was sore from the endless hours spent in tears, so he tried not to speak too loud.

After being given permission, Suna walked in to a sight he was starting to get used to. Atsumu was curled up on his bed, buried away in his favourite hoodie, and to no surprise — in tears.

It really wasn't a sight that any liked to see, yet it was one that they'd be seeing for a while. Atsumu lost his other half, and the pain that came along with it was something indescribable.

"'Tsumu.." Suna called, sighing softly as he walked over to the blonde's bedside.

He took a seat and eventually held his arms out, the sudden movement catching Atsumu's attention immediately.

Without a moment of hesitance, said blonde gladly accepted the hug, holding onto Suna tight as he felt what seemed to be endless tears start falling once again.

"I just don't understand.. I th-thought-.." Atsumu stopped himself, knowing if he finished that sentence, his cries would end in sobs.

Saving him from the mere thought, Suna slowly rubbed the blonde's back, telling him to try not to think about it.

"It's alright 'Tsumu, I know you don't understand, I don't know why he did it either but — it wasn't your fault." Suna internally sighed softly, knowing damn well Atsumu was putting blame on himself. "I promise."

"..s-swear on it..?" Atsumu mumbled out, finally bringing himself to look at Suna.

"I swear." The brunette nodded. "I'd say, try not to dwell on the whole situation — even though it's difficult, thinking about it will make it worse."

Suna advised based off experience, not of a soulmate separation, but of something that had gone down in their first year. Something Atsumu knew about, hence why he took Suna's word so easily.

"M'kay, 'm not p-promisin' anythin', but I'll try.." Atsumu promised, more like a promise to himself however than it was to Suna.

Right as said brunette had gone to respond, the faint noise of a door opening downstairs caught the two's attention. Osamu was back.

"C'mon you big baby — 'Samu's back with the stuff for Onigiri and there's no way in hell we're making some without you." Suna chuckled lightheartedly, causing a chuckle from Atsumu as well.

They hadn't heard one of those in a while..

"Mm.. fine, guess some Onigiri wouldn't hurt.." The faux blonde mumbled, and as the second surprise of the day — a small smile made its way onto his face.

Suna of course spared a soft smile at this and got up, following Atsumu to his bedroom door and eventually heading downstairs with him.

Downstairs waited Osamu, who was quietly setting out everything he'd just picked up from their local market. He hadn't entirely noticed the two walking into the kitchen, yet after hearing a slight noise, he simply assumed it was Suna.

"Hey Rin, how's he doin'?" The grey-haired twin questioned, not taking his eyes off the food he was taking out.

"Not the best, but not entirely crushed either." Atsumu piped up, just his voice alone nearly made Osamu jump, quickly bringing said twin's eyes to his blonde brother.

"Ya scared the shit 'outta me." Osamu took a small breath before dropping what he was doing and walking over to Atsumu.

"'M glad yer not feelin' too bad." He smiled a little and gave Atsumu a hug, to which he gladly returned.

The twins separated after a good minute, and Osamu walked back over to where he'd placed his bags down, seeing how Suna was already seated nearby.

"Are ya helpin' with the Onigiri?" Osamu questioned, glancing over to his twin.

"Mhm, Suna an' I are both joinin' in.." Atsumu nodded, a small smile making its way back to his face at the thought. He liked doing these kinds of things when they were all together.

"M'kay, well if yer both helpin', get on it! Will ya's?" Osamu rolled his eyes playfully, a chuckle escaping gracefully as he watched Suna and Atsumu scramble to wash their hands.

Things didn't always have to be so glum, and with how Atsumu had been feeling recently, Osamu would make sure that was made dead obvious.

Yeah the twins have their moments, but in serious times, just like this, Osamu would gladly do anything in his power just to make sure he knew Atsumu was enjoying himself.

They'd been like that since they were younger, both twins always had one another's backs no matter what.

It had always been that way, and, thankfully, always would be.

•••••°•••••°•••••

some twin appreciation, shout out to the two always having each other's backs <3

also like,, Miya 3 bonding time as a form of cheering Atsumu up? yes please 🙇‍♂️

last but not least, y'all — sorry these are kinda short, they're kinda like filler chpt's ^^

~koi ☕︎︎