| 44 |

Sakusa and Atsumu had been driving around, for a good seven hours at least, that's including all the little stops the two had along the way as well.

It was a little after five when Atsumu got an idea, something he really hoped Sakusa said yes to

"Sakusa?" The blonde called, earning a hum to go on.

"Would ya wanna grab dinner an' maybe stop by the beach? There shouldn't really be anyone around at this time, so.." Atsumu trailed off, for once genuinely caught up on whether or not Sakusa would agree.

Speaking of which, the other seemed to stay silent for a moment before he shrugged.

"Sure," He smiled a little, something so small Atsumu nearly missed it. "That sounds nice."

A small sigh of relief slipped from the blondes mouth, letting himself relax. The action made Sakusa glance over, slightly quirking a brow before looking back to the road.

The two had made a small detour before heading to the beach, that small detour being dinner. They'd picked up a mix of a few sushi platters, onigiri, some yakitori, and a few snacks just in case.

After all that had been picked up, Sakusa had headed for the beach, the time now nearing at least 5:45 considering how long the drive there was.

As he pulled into the designated parking lot, which had a bit of walking distance between the beach — Sakusa noted that Atsumu had been telling the truth. From what could be seen, there was no one in sight.

Feeling content with this, both got out of the car. They'd split carrying all the food equally, well — Atsumu ended up carrying a bit more as Sakusa had to grab the blanket from his trunk.

Komori had always been eager to explore, so just in case they'd gone anywhere outside and needed a seat, they'd have something to sit on. It became habit to keep it handy. And clearly that showed to be a good thing.

"Are ya comin'?" Atsumu called out, looking to Sakusa.

The dark-haired, now being snapped out of his thoughts — responded with a simple nod and started walking.

The two had walked along the sand for a few minutes before finding a spot not too close to the water, yet not too far as well, it was perfect.

Noting this, Atsumu stood by as Sakusa laid the blanket down. And afterwards, the two had set the food out before taking a seat as well, side by side yet with a comfortable distance between them.

This all seemed perfect, or more — surreal if you will.

As the sky had started to darken, a light breeze rolled of the oceans waters and onto the beach, mixing ever so nicely with the warm spring air. Along with that came the wonderful smell of fresh food and pristine waters, leaving the atmosphere light and relaxing.

With the sounds of waves lightly hitting the shore, Sakusa and Atsumu enjoyed their dinner in an amazingly comfortable silence. No words needed to be exchanged, just knowing one another was there put each other at peace.

"Hey, Omi-kun?" Atsumu spoke, finally breaking their silence.

"Mhm?" Sakusa hummed, turning his attention to Atsumu after finishing the piece of sushi he'd previously been busy with.