| 39 |

"Two day's in a row, are you sick or something?"

Sakusa was once again on the phone with Komori, usually he'd call at least once a week or vice versa, but now he'd had his cousin on the phone two days in a row.

"I'm just about the last person who could end up sick in any way, I thought you of all people would know that." Sakusa sighed.

"You could've just told me no, y'know." Komori chuckled lightly on the other line.

"Where's the fun in that?" Before Sakusa's question however could be answered, he spoke up again, as there was reason to him calling Komori.

"Eh, doesn't matter, that's not the point of this call." The dark-haired stated as he'd walked into his common room, taking a seat on the couch that sat against the left wall.

"What is the point of this call then?"

"Atsumu's the point of this call."

The second the words left Sakusa's mouth, Komori fell silent. He wasn't sure if it was meant in a positive way or negative.

"What about him? Did you two end up fighting on the first day or something?" The question was followed by a small chuckle as to hopefully, and successfully lighten the mood.

"The exact opposite actually, we got along." Sakusa, unknowingly to Komori, smiled a little remembering the talk the two had in the gym.

"You two? Getting along? Since when?" The brunette laughed a bit and once again, unknowingly, received an eye roll from his cousin.

"Now, apparently, — we got as far as deciding to put what happened the few years back behind us," Sakusa paused for a moment. "Obviously for the sake of working together as a team."

"That's the only reason?"

"Why wouldn't it be the only reason?" Komori of course didn't need to answer the question, as Sakusa had spoken less then a few seconds later. "Not a chance Motoya, so don't even try, we put what happened aside for the sake of working as a team. If we didn't work together, it wouldn't have happened."

This of course earned a groan from Komori, who followed said groan with an eye roll.

"Don't be such a bummer Kiyo, you never know that for sure!" Komori was, like usual, trying to see the whole thing in a positive way. However, Sakusa, he still had his beliefs.

"Don't build false hope Motoya, it's considered rude." As much as Sakusa would've liked to think that maybe, they set aside what happened so they could eventually get closer again — he couldn't.

"I'm not building false hope, you're just stubborn."

"Mhm, sure, sure."

Sakusa gave yet another plain response, despite knowing Komori wasn't entirely wrong.

Was it possible Atsumu suggested putting things aside for purposes outside of work?

Yes.

Was Sakusa going to let himself believe that so easily?