| 58 |

Just like thought, MSBY's feeling of something bad happening had finally shown true. They'd gone nearly four days without their setter, and it was heavily effecting their ability to play.

At first it was just effecting their play, then the teams mood in general. Of course they had their usual joy filled players, but an incomplete team, happy or not, eventually crumbles.

MSBY as a whole could feel themselves nearing that point, however, that never meant it was too late. Not to one person at least.

"Alright guys, take a pause and get some water!" Meian called, putting a pause on practice.

Everyone silently gave a nod in response, and made their way to the benches. Everyone except Sakusa that is.

"Sakusa! Can I talk to you for a second?" Meian questioned, immediately catching the dark-haired's attention.

Without a moment of hesitance, Sakusa nodded and followed Meian as he was pulled to the side. He'd figured their captain had an idea for a new play that involved him, but he couldn't have been more wrong.

"You've noticed it too, haven't you?" Meian questioned. "Everyone's behaviour, it's different."

"Meian.." Sakusa started with a soft sigh, he knew where this was going.

"I know, I know things are iffy between you two at the moment but I need you to check up on him." The dark-haired was nearly ready to plead, they needed some kind of update from Atsumu.

"Why not Hinata or Bokuto? Or anyone else for that matter."

"Because we've tried that already, remember?" Meian sighed, they'd already had half the team try and yet Atsumu responded to no one.

"What makes you think I'd be the one he'd answer to?" Sakusa held back an eye roll as he looked ahead, now doing his captain the justice of looking him in the eyes.

"I never said you would be, I'm just saying it's possible and I'd rather try than not." Meian kept his tone stern, he didn't mean to sound so harsh but he had to let the other know he was serious.

"Look, Sakusa, I know you two aren't on good terms but for the sake of the team we need you to at least try. Please?"

"And if he doesn't answer me either?" The dark-haired questioned, followed by a soft sigh. He knew how much Atsumu was needed to the team, so to his misfortune, he couldn't say no.

"Then I'll figure something out, sound good?" Meian smiled softly, a hint of relief in his tone knowing Sakusa finally agreed.

"Sure." The dark-haired nodded, thinking that was the end of their conversation.

"Great. In that case, you're dismissed from practice early."

"What?!" Sakusa immediately focused all his attention back on Meian while unintentionally raising his voice.

"What?" Meian questioned, raising a brow. He didn't want to waste any time and knew Foster would be fine with it if the team was down another player for the day.

"I have to talk to him now? It can't wait until after practice?" The dark-haired dared question, yet the look on his captain's face told him it was, well, a stupid question.

"Never mind then." Sakusa let out a bitter sigh, holding back another eye roll as he watched Meian smile.

"That's what I like to hear! Now, we'll see you tomorrow, and hopefully Atsumu too."

"Yeah yeah." Was all Sakusa had to say before waving Meian off and heading for the locker room.

Sakusa knew this was bound to happen, he knew he'd have to check on Atsumu at some point — yet he still couldn't help but feel nervous over what could go down.