| 38 |

- MSBY center: one week after tryouts -

The one week wait came and passed. On the day everyone had received their letters, some were left with smiles, while others — were left rather upset.

Those who had received positive letters, were told to meet at the MSBY center the next day. Tuesday, 7:00am sharp.

And so, that's what happened.
Everyone who made the team headed out bright and early, making it to the MSBY center with time to spare.

Things there were peaceful, nice and quiet.
'were' being the key word.

•••••°•••••°•••••

"Good morning!" A rather cheerful voice called out, turning all eyes over.

That loud voice belonged to none other than Hinata, who, despite also being up early, didn't seem even the slightest bit tired.

At the time they showed — most were already in the gymnasium, Sakusa and Atsumu included.

"Good morning you two," Meian spoke up, being the first to respond to the two as they walked in. "Ready for our first day?"

In response, Meian earned a nod from both Bokuto and Hinata as the two had come in with one another.

"That's great to hear, Foster's going to be back in a few minutes and then we're getting started." Both Hinata and Bokuto's new captain informed. "So I'd suggest you both get changed before he does."

Once again, this earned nods from the two, who of which ran off excitedly with smiles. The entire gymnasium held a rather lively mood, leaving everyone feelings rather positive.

People were stretching, talking, getting to know one another better as now they were all teammates. It was definitely a good thing as everyone was getting along.

Eventually however, in the midst of everyone's chatter, Foster had returned. Yet his return went unnoticed by most, who were still clearly distracted with their own conversations.

"Is everyone here?" Forster questioned, to no surprise he was speaking to Meian.

Meian, before answering, took a look around — doing a head count. After doing so, he turned back to Foster and nodded.

"Mhm, everyone's here." He nodded.

"Great." Foster nodded, then went ahead and gave the whistle he had a moment of use.

The ungodly sound of the whistle was what got everyone's attention, making them stand up and look over.

"Line up everyone!" The older coach ordered, and after a solid minute of hesitant silence, everyone did. They may have been happy and rather excited about being on the team — but everyone did still have to get used to one another; coach included.

"First of all, congratulations to all of you that made it." Foster started, smiling a little after seeing the smiles — ranging bright to barely noticeable, that came from majority of the team.

"Second of all, I think some basic introductions would be a great way to start today's practice off." After the suggestion, quite a few in the MSBY line up nodded as it made sense. "Lets start off with your captain."