| 33 |

And so, that's how things went.

For the days and weeks that passed, Sakusa nor Atsumu dared speak a word to one another.

Instead, over time, the two simply relied on those close to them, like family, friends, team members even.

However, when the two were alone, it was a different story.

See, when Sakusa and Atsumu were around others — there were endless things to do to take their minds off one another, plenty of things they could enjoy.

Yet when they were left to themselves, the only thing on their minds was one another.

Tearing the thought of what they'd been and what the two used to have, out of their minds, seemed merely impossible.

All they could focus on were the lingering thoughts of broken hearts, unforgivable actions, and drunken blindness.

At least, that's how it seemed to be.

But with time, things change, and with that — people change too.

It may have been difficult at first, but with passing time, the thoughts faded.

The memories faded.

The guilt faded.

The hurt faded.

And,

Feelings faded.

It may have taken months upon months on end, but the events of the past faded.

Sakusa and Atsumu moved on, they moved on from the heartbreak, and they moved on with their lives.

However, in the back of one another's minds, a single thought always lingered;

what if we could've taken it all back?

•••••°•••••°•••••

night 2 of being very unusually productive,, let's see where this gets us shall we?

y'all pls, if you're really worried about angst — just take my word when i say,, stick around, it'll be worth it

~koi ☕︎︎