Fireworks

Desiree flapped her wrist excitedly waving to Taehyung from the side of the alter as she stood behind her mother.

Taehyung waved back tinily feeling a bit awkward. He had never been to an actual wedding before.

It was nice, simple. A small explosion of white orchids and a few dozen people lumped together seated on tufted folding chairs. 

The ceremony was short and Desiree looked happy and cute which Taehyung focussed on more than trying to make small talk with the two women introduced as her twin sisters that flanked him at either side.

When the rice had been thrown and the bride and groom pulled off to the reception, Des detached herself from the throng of guests to find him, her face shining with happiness.

"You survived!" She laughed 

"So far..." Taehyung nodded.

"Good. I told you it would be fine," She grabbed his hand, "Here, let's catch a ride to the reception with my sisters!"

Taehyung held his breath as Des dragged him towards a stretch limo, like a wet cat who'd just escaped the bath tub.

During the ceremony, he had a good excuse not to talk but now, there was no way out of a beady eyed interrogation of the strange boyfriend.

"So Tae, how old are you again?"

Taehyung's head snapped away from facing the window through which he'd engrossed himself heavily with the wording of every street sign they passed by.

He swallowed the lump in his throat as his eyes met with the no-nonsense brunette staring back at him. She crossed her legs patiently in a frilly blue number that only someone quite eccentric and gutsy would wear. The realisation of this, making Taehyung even more tense.

"I'm twenty-six." he answered glancing at Des who gave him a timid smile of encouragement.

"And what do you do for a living?"

Taehyung froze momentarily.

"Uh, well I used to work in finance but I'm a little in between jobs right now...."

"Oh really?" The other one in a sensible, cream A-line dress spoke up, "So how exactly do you...."

"Hahaha!" Des laughed jumpily, "Well that's enough I think!" Her big eyes shook apologetically in his direction.

"What? We're just getting to know your date..." The second twin retorted.

"Yeah!" the frilly one agreed.

"Oh my goodness, look. We're here!" Desiree grabbed Taehyung's clammy hand and fled the limo as he gave her sisters one last polite wave before trailing out of the car behind her.