Fever Dream

Taehyung drove on and on, for miles. 

Desiree squinted at the glimmering sunlight that sparkled through the leaves and waved in the breeze as they passed by.

She stretched her body taught and put her bare feet up on the dash causing Taehyung to smirk pleasantly.

"You sleepy?" He asked fondly.

"Hmmm..." the girl murmured softly in response meaning, no.

She was happy.

To be with him, by his side.

He hadn't slipped away from her again like she thought he had and thinking on this, Desiree crept her fingers towards Taehyung's. Lacing their free hands together.

"Don't worry," Taehyung squeezed gently with a smile, "We'll stop somewhere soon."

"I'm not worried at all," She rolled lazily onto her side to face him. Taehyung watched as her eyes wandered dreamily over him, her dark lashes low and inviting, "I'm with you..."

The chime of Desiree's phone draws her attention and she spares a moment to tear eyes away from admiring her hot boyfriend in the driver's seat. 

Her smile vanishes immediately reading the text message on the phone.

'Des, the wedding is in a week and your father can't get a hold of you. Where are you? 

Please call.'

                                                                                  Mom 

Taehyung glances over to see the frozen expression on Desiree's face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Des answers quickly with a short laugh, "It's nothing. Shay messaged me to say that I've forgotten to water my spider plant so she's done it for me. I just can't believe I forgot to do it before we left." 

She tapped her finger off her forehead with a snort of disbelief and they both laughed.

"You're really weird. You know that?" He said and put his eyes back on the road. 

Taehyung smiled to himself.

There's comfortable silence for a few moments until the girl's face brightens from its crestfallen state and she yells, "Look!"

Taehyung followed the point of Des' finger.

Deep blue, glimmering waters played, behind the shrubbery of the roadside bushes until the car drove on some more and came upon a clearing.

A vast lake rolled out before them almost as big as the sea. 

"There's a house.." Desiree chirped.

To the girl's surprise Taehyung stopped the car and got out stretching his sore and tired limbs.