Bad News

"You kids should head home," Desiree peeked through her fingers at the policeman wading towards them through a nest of burnt planks and ashes.

Taehyung stood next to her amidst the rubble. His were eyes dark and serious, his hands plastered to the back his neck. He massaged it with a pained expression.

"Yeah, he's right. We should probably go."  He touched her arm before walking away.

Desiree's feet crunched noisily over the charred debris as she followed after him. 

She had to skip a few steps to keep up and when she did. Her heart sank to see Taehyung making his way, alone to his car.

"Hey," Des called out, "Aren't you going to take me with you?" She wondered aloud.

Both their eyes darted to her own red Beetle parked right where it was left the night before.

"Des....you should go home." Taehyung said.

Desiree had no idea what she was feeling right now but after the incident, the only thing she knew was that she didn't want to be alone.

"Take me with you." She shouted in his direction making Taehyung turn around. "Please.."

Taehyung had already settled into the drivers seat of his car and was rolling the window down to let out the humid heat from inside.

His features creased in uncertainty whilst mulling over her request in his head.

"Des, you should really go home. Rest. Its been a long night for everyone and.... there's some stuff I need to take care of back at..."

Taehyung's speech was cut off by the faltering look in the young girl's eyes.

"Des.." His emotions crumbled as she shuffled forward coming closer.

Her small fingers curling themselves tightly around the handle of his car-door. He looked down and saw her knuckles going white as she squeezed it and  he noticed the slight shaking of her body.

Her knew he couldn't leave her on her own.

Not like this.

Taehyung pursed his lips together. Fingers gripped around the hot leather of the steering wheel, he grunted to the young girl. 

"Get in." 

                                                       ***

Sitting in the warmth of his lap, Desiree closed her tired eyes and leaned her head back against the broad shoulders of her lover. 

The heat of his muscular chest against her enveloped her fragile form with warmth making her feel safe.

Taehyung closed his long fingers around hers and even though every single thing seemed to be going wrong in the world for the two, In this small moment, it was all okay.