Nice like You Pt.1

Desiree's hazel eyes scan thoughtfully over the painstakingly curated catering menu in her hands.

She looks down her freckled nose at the well balanced and carefully thought out dining options. 

"I can't believe I planned this all by myself!" Countless silver vessels of steaming hot dishes were waiting to be sent over to the Long Palm Country Club. 

Counting and re-counting them. She lifted each lid slightly to double check their contents before waving them off so that another member of cooking staff could load it into the delivery van. 

"Thank you for trusting me with this, Dad!" she beams up  at the older man standing next her

"Thank you for trusting me with this, Dad!" she beams up  at the older man standing next her. They're both garbed in chef whites, making quite the father-daughter duo. Desiree pairing hers with a tight pair of ripped jeans and white tennis shoes.

"Sure thing, Des. My intuition proved me right!" he gushed affectionately flicking the end of her nose causing her to giggle, "You've done a splendid job!"

Desiree's eyes shone with pride at the completed catering job before her. She had successfully executed and managed every single detail of it from A to Z.

Work at both the 'Wave Crave' and the 'Restaurant' was going extremely well. There was only four weeks left before she had to complete her portfolio. Des felt more confident than ever re-applying to one of the best culinary schools in the world. All this hands on experience was sure to set her apart from the rest. 

She was on a high since her uninterrupted week spent with Taehyung and even though she hadn't seen much of him since her mom's return to Miami, she felt that somehow that week had brought their relationship into a new phase. 

Maybe he would even ask her to be his girlfriend soon? Tiny butterflies erupted in the pit of her stomach every time possibility crossed her mind.

"I'll get going with Sven. See you later!"

"You don't necessarily have to do the delivery as well, Des. We have people for that." Des' dad reminded.

"I know," she said. The precious smile she gave melted her father's heart. In the past few weeks, she had shown how hard-working, dedicated and  passionate she was toward her craft. His little girl was following in his footsteps. He could only see a bright future ahead of her! 

"But this job is my baby. I've gotta' see it through to the end!" she winked and he chuckled jovially before bidding her goodbye.

Des followed Sven out to the two waiting delivery vans and they set off for the Country Club. One vehicle followed closely behind by the other.

She pulled her phone from her pocket. Scanning through her text messages, she scrolled to the last one she'd received from him. The sentiment of the note was enough to tithe her over 'til whenever she would see him next.