Escape

Des waited patiently for Taehyung to finish his shower and smiled shyly as he emerged with damp hair and only a dark pair of boardshorts slung low on his narrow hips.

"Hey," He smiled back, dusting at his hair with a towel in a haphazard attempt to get it dry. 

His freshly washed skin was dewy and tan against the bright outline of the tattoos that coursed over his chest and snaked their way up to the collar of his neck.

He sat down softly on the bed next to her, two fingers grazing her hand.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah," Des replied breathlessly.

Her mind raced in circles wondering where to start. How would she begin to explain to her boyfriend who now thought she was carrying his child, that she wasn't really pregnant? 

"Um," She bit her lip closing her eyes and summing up the courage to blurt out the truth.

"Babygirl, can we talk?" Taehyung interrupted first.

Desiree's eyes flashed open, questioning.

"Before we go away together, there's some things you need to know about me." Taehyung paused, "The real me...."

The girl's eyes softened.

"But I already know the real you, Tae." She reached up to touch his face with tender eyes and Taehyung caught her hand, holding it there.

He sighed wearily and kissed the back of the girls hand tenderly.

"No Des, you don't, not really. Not everything."

Des looked at her boyfriend, baffled.

"It's time I be completely honest with you," Taehyung swallowed nervously, "What I'm about to tell you, I've wanted to tell you many times but anytime I got you alone we were always, I dunno busy doing.... other things" He smirked playfully which lightened the mood and Des smiled back blushing just a little.

It was true. Her and Taehyung's relationship consisted of very little talking and a lot more, action for want of a better word.

"There's some things that... well, I guess I better I tell you before you hear it on the news."

"The news! What do you mean?" 

The atmosphere suddenly turned serious and Taehyung looked into the girl's eyes for support as he took a deep breath and told her everything.

About his upbringing, running away from home after his mom died, getting taken in by Mr. Suleman and all the things he had to do to earn his keep at the Suleman Mansion. The fraud and money laundering behind the scenes at the bank. He explained to Des that if the Feds knew how much he'd done for Suleman, it would be enough to put him away behind bars for years. He talked about Nathalie and being forced to have sex with her up until that very last night when he decided to stand up for himself and how this might've caused the incident at the 'Wave Crave', Desiree winced at that but kept her composure. And then why after it had all ended in the fire, leaving LongPalm felt like it was the only option left.