Jealous

Pain.

That's all Taehyung felt the next morning. 

The receptors in his brain fought to decipher between which ache was worse? 

Was it the one in his heart or the other in his head that stemmed from the the skull-splitting migraine of his hangover? It was hard to know. 

It was the first day of the New Year and also, what felt like the worst day of his life.

He had lost her. 

She was gone. 

Taehyung wallowed in his hurt feelings. 

In the past when he would tell Des that they couldn't be together, she would still always have that glimmer of hope in her eyes but last night he didn't see it..... she didn't want him anymore. 

Taehyung re-played the images of Desiree at the party in his mind over and over again. 

She looked so happy and why shouldn't she be? 

She deserved it. Especially after all he had done to hurt her. 

But he wanted to share in her happiness. He wanted her to be happy with him.

"Hey, you alright Tae?" Hoseok wandered into the kitchen to find his forlorn friend

He was disappointed to find Taehyung sulking even more than he was yesterday. 

This guy was seriously killing his vibe but he decided to keep on trying to cheer him up instead. 

When Taehyung first started at his school, he always thought he was a bit..... different: A weird kid from out of town. 

He didn't know anybody nor did he speak very much about himself. But they were the only two able to effortlessly solve any linear equation thrown at them in Mr. Avery's math class and so, they bonded over that. 

Since then, Hoseok discovered the very best friend he's ever had in Taehyung. He could always depend on and confide in him.

"Yeah," Taehyung mumbled, "...it's just my head.." 

Hoseok clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction of his friend showing himself to be a light weight. In his opinion, they didn't even drink that much last night.