Out of Sight

"Where is she?"

"I don't know what you're talking about.." Taehyung replied icily to Mr Suleman.

He stood towering over him while Taehyung proceeded to work at his desk. 

Mr Suleman gritted his teeth at the younger man's dumb insolence. He couldn't make him talk if he didn't want to but a man of his experience knew that there would be other ways of getting Taehyung to focus his attention where it was needed: 

On his precious daughter, Nathalie.

He slammed his fist on the table, finally getting the young man to look up. Annoyance flickered in Taehyung's eyes but his countenance remained unfathomed.

"Listen here, boy..." Suleman growled.

"You listen to me!" Taehyung rose to his feet, "Don't threaten me. The girl you think I like is gone. So stop! Okay?"

A devious smile crossed the older mans lips and he inserted his hands cooly into the pockets of his tailored trousers, amused.

"Gone?" He echoed.

"Yes," Taehyung grunted sitting back down.

"Bring Nathalie in here," He instructed.

Taehyung's eyes went wide, "For what?"

"Do as I say boy, or else you'll regret it. I said, bring her in!"

Taehyung pressed the little button underneath his desk resentfully.

Moments later, a beautiful girl appeared immaculately dressed, her hair swept into a high pony-tail with not one strand out of place. Her lips shone with a subtle cherry gloss, the lovely scent of her perfume wafting into the room along with her. She carried herself with poise and ease as she strode to the opposite end of Taehyung's desk bring herself to stand right in front of himself and the taller man shadowing Taehyung on his right.

"Daddy!" she chirped.

"Princess, I wanted to talk to you both together. It seems its very hard to get a hold of you two at the same time while at the mansion so I've resorted to cornering the pair of you here at work."

Taehyung stifled a wary sigh and shifted in his seat avoiding Nathalie's eyes.

"How is the engagement?" He asked.

Taehyung and Nathalie stayed quiet.

"Are you still dating? Have you been getting along? I never notice you going anywhere together. That's not normal behaviour for a soon-to-be married couple is it?"

"No it isn't, Daddy." Nathalie bowed her head shaking it as if she was too scared to even look her father in the eyes.