Independence Day

Taehyung sunk his toes into the morning's wet sand by the shore. 

The dawn was rising and through the sharp lens, he captured the seagulls' first flights over the bay.

Breathing in the salty air, he felt at peace for the first time in many days. Last night was thankfully free of terrors, and so he had the strength to rise early before Des could wake and sneak downstairs for some well needed time, alone.

Taehyung sighed deeply thinking about the hours ahead. 

Yes, he would go as his girlfriend's date to her Mom's wedding today but strangely enough, Taehyung didn't feel very nervous at all.

Desiree had accepted the real him, the imperfect and incomplete him. It was also just, nice to feel genuinely wanted and included for once. And not just because he could 'do something' for someone. When Taehyung was around Des, he didn't have to be useful or clever. All he had to do was be himself. This didn't mean Desiree didn't have expectations. Deep down, he knew she had some. He could tell when she asked and saw it in her eyes how badly she wanted him to be liked by her family or whoever they were going to me that day and his heart dropped with the fear that he might not be able to be the right guy for her. 

He drew in a laboured breath and then exhaled knowing that it really didn't matter whether her mother approved of him today or not. 

Of course, he wouldn't let Des down by being a complete asshole or anything like that but he also wasn't going to try too hard at making a good impression either.

Taehyung couldn't see much hope that their love would survive another summer. Things were changing whether he or Des wanted them to or not.

Taehyung's heart ached as a vision of her large sincere eyes twinkling up at him with pure love and admirable naivety wafted into the forefront of his mind.

He smiled sadly, lowering the camera slowly from his face as his eyes scanned over the beauty of the azure water line that glittered with the rising sun. 

Suddenly, two gentle and cold hands closed playfully over his eyes covering them from behind.

"Hey, you." 

Desiree giggled. She whispered the words against the shell of his ear, tickling gently which made Taehyung smile.

"Hey," He turned sideways to see her standing on her tip-toes, a humorous grin spread across her full lips, before he took her in his arms.

He watched the girl. 

Her wayward curls sticking to her face in the soft morning breeze by the ocean, the salted air stinging at her eyes, making her squint. Taehyung gave a quick kiss to the end of her nose, unable to resist the charm of how warm and soft she felt as he held her.

He rubbed his face into her wild hair, holding her a little tighter.

"Guess what?" He whispered.

"What?"

"I've done my research. I'm taking this very seriously, Des. I'm going to be the best wedding date, ever." He admitted.

Desiree chuckled making Taehyung grin widely. 

"Is that so?"

"Yup," He answered but the slight shakiness in his voice gave it away. 

Des looked him in the eyes, "You don't have to be nervous. I expect it'll go really well. My mom will love you, just wait. You and my sisters might even hit it off."

"Errh, I dunno... they might not like me."

"Ah, stop it, Tae. That's not going to happen." 

"Let's get breakfast," She bit her lip changing the subject and Taehyung saw that fond sparkle in her eye. 

She was fascinated by him.

For Des, it was so easy to find herself in awe of Taehyung doing any simple thing. Like standing there by the waterline looking so lonely and staring out to sea, his camera dangling from one hand. 

The girl stole a savoury kiss. Taehyung's mouth was hot and wet as he kissed her back feverishly and she whined when his tongue caressed hers slowly. 

"Actually, I think I know exactly what I want for breakfast...." Taehyung mumbled and Desiree darted away friskily, eyes flashing.

"You're gonna have to catch it first!"

                                                        ***

   🌴 I hope you enjoyed x 🌴

Please remember to vote and comment along the way!

✨ BJF ✨