Aftercare

Three days later, Desiree jiggled one leg impatiently while sitting on the toilet.

She bit her nails anxiously and eyed the thin plastic stick in her hand.

One pink faded line taunted her as she waited for another one to appear.

"Dammit!" She grabbed her cellphone off the counter.

Opening the browser to google and searching;

How long does it take for a pregnancy test to work?

3-4 minutes?

Desiree already knew that. That's exactly what it said on the box but she had been waiting for 10 and refused to accept that another tiny line wouldn't appear.

Tears sprung from her eyes and rolled down her face.

"What is wrong with me?"

The bitter taste of sorrow and disappointment filled her mouth as more and more fat tears rolled down her freckled cheeks.

She sniffled loudly, then startled when the sound of movement from outside the bathroom hit her ears. Keeping as still as a statue, she didn't not want to wake Taehyung who she'd left still sleeping in bed.

The door creaked open slowly and Desiree quickly hid the stick behind her back.

"Baby?" Taehyung's sleepy face appeared around the door, "What are you doing?"

"N-nothing!" Desiree squeaked before stifling a nervous hiccup.

"Wait. Why are you crying?"

Taehyung entered the room fully now, closing the door behind him as his features woke up the more he examined Desiree's bright red nose and tear-streaked face.

"I'm okay, Tae. I wasn't crying. Not really. It must be hay fever, allergies..." The girl chuckled nervously before her eyes went big as she and Taehyung both heard a loud clatter.

The test slipped from her grasp, bouncing onto the floor and sliding towards Taehyung's bare feet.

He creased his forehead, perplexed but quickly came to his senses realising just what the object was.

"Des..." Taehyung began slowly.

"I- its not what you think. It's...." She said hurriedly.

"What do you think, I think it is, Des?" Taehyung asked in reply, his voice turning angry. 

Desiree only shook her head, fresh tears filling her eyes. 

"I can't believe you would...." Taehyung grabbed at his hair in clumps, trying to process everything. He felt like the world was spinning underneath him.

He shook his head dismissively, "You know what? Fuck this, I'm out of here," Taehyung yelled. He slammed the door leaving Desiree in the bathroom, alone and still shaken by his reaction while he stalked back into the hotel room.

Des scurried after him, watching with fright and panic as Taehyung rustled around the bedroom for his belongings and started filling his bags.

"Tae, where are you going?" She asked tearfully.

He paused for a second to look at her, anger blazing in his eyes and fear strangling like a knot in his throat.

"Des, I never said I wanted to be a father. I don't want to have a fucking kid, not ever and especially not now!"

"What?"

"You heard me. So get rid of it or do whatever you want. I don't care."

                                                         ***

A/N: So what do you think guys? A short and disastrous chapter. 

Sigh...Tae we were rooting for you. We were all rooting for you! Smh....lol

   🌴 I hope you enjoyed x 🌴

Please remember to vote and comment along the way!

✨ BJF ✨