Sorry for What

Hazel eyes flicker open to find themselves in a strange place. 

She can hear the faraway roar of the sea and happy seagulls playing in the skies through the open window.

Body aching from a sweet exhaustion, Desiree scrunches the crisp white sheets in her palms as she stretches underneath the covers.

A curious head pops around the doorframe and the young girl smiles feeling nervous and happy at the same time. 

"Good morning, you're up!" Taehyung says, making his way towards her with a cheerful and devastatingly handsome, boxy grin.

"Yeah, just now.." 

"I hoped you'd be awake by now. It's twelve o'clock."

"Really?" Desiree rubbed the back of her neck, "Oh..."

As Taehyung approaches her slowly, there is an air of caution hanging in the midst and he slides in close to be at her side. 

He needed to know that everything accomplished the night before hadn't disappeared into vapour along with the rise of the morning sun. 

On this new day, his feelings for Des were no different from last night. If anything they were even stronger and he wanted her to know that.

Gentle fingers slid up and down her bare arms and he silently brushes his cheek against hers, not quite knowing what to say yet.

"Tae?"

"Mhmm?"

"Can we talk?"

"We're talking now..."

Desiree bites her lip feeling a little silly. 

Taehyung sees her head drop slightly and realises right away that he must have said something wrong.

He lifts her chin by one finger, "Baby, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to....I mean.. I wanna' talk too."

"Okay," Des replies brightly. Taehyung smiled gently, feeling more at ease.

Explaining himself would be tricky and he still couldn't tell her everything yet. It was for her own good that she didn't know.

A lumbersome silence follows. 

After a few moments, Taehyung clears his throat softly before speaking;

"Let me start by saying that last night was unforgettable, Des. I couldn't ask for more and I meant everything that I said to you." the butterflies returned as Des remembered his unbridled confession of his feelings to her at the Bay.