Summer Break

Des was the first to get off the plane.

Running out of baggage claim, her suitcase buckling behind her, she collides into the arms of a young man who stood waiting with a sign of a four-leafed clover in his hands.

The sign nearly falls to the floor as she launches into to his embrace. Wrapping her legs around his slender waist.

"Des!" He tries to mumble while she attacks him with another gleeful kiss.

Taehyung holds his cap down on his head and pulls it down a bit more over his eyes.

"You nearly whacked my head off!" He chuckles looking at his elated love.

Des gleams back at Taehyung with shining eyes.

"I've missed you..." She confesses, basking in the warm comfort of his arms again.

"I missed you too." Taehyung smiles. His happiness is, however, mixed with the anxiety of being seen and he quickly lowers Des so that she can place her feet back on the ground.

Desiree felt nearly feint from giddy-ness when he smiled and winked in the direction of the exit.

"Let's get out of here, princess."

                                                           ***

"So...how was Paris?" Taehyung manages to ask taking another huge bite of his sandwich.

"You've got some nerve to ask after cutting me off this entire time..." Des retorts jokingly. She absentmindedly takes a bite of her own before setting the burger down on the table again.

Taehyung cocks his head to one side giving Desiree a tired look, "Baby, you know why..."

"Yes, yes I know. I'm just kidding." she holds a hand up flicking her wrist to disperse any tense feelings, "But still, it was hard for me, you know?"

"I know," Taehyung takes a solemn bite.

A sudden girlish peal of laughter bursts from the young girl, immediately changing the mood.