Somebody to Love

"Here, have my jacket." Taehyung offered as they strolled up a cobbled stone street and past several stacked apartments housed in beautifully old and interesting buildings.

"No thanks, I'm not really cold." Des tuned. She lifted her chin leading him to the left and down another narrow street while Taehyung focussed on heaving the heavier of the luggage the two carried behind him.

"How much longer 'till we actually get there? I thought you said your place was central..." He puffed, feeling his shirt starting to cling to his body despite the cool temperature.

"It is!" Des chirped. "Now," She said some-what bossily, "I've been meaning to mention something."

Taehyung wrinkled his brow.

Des stopped to check her text messages on her phone. She smirked, tapping a quick reply in before turning to look at him again.

"I live with a friend," She began, "You might have seen her with me back home before at the beach....kinda short, blue eyes, brunette, long fluffy hair....well not as crazy as mine, but..." She laughed tossing a strand out of the way. 

Taehyung looked at her blankly.

"Uh, yeah that's fine."

I guess

"Its a cosy little town house. You are going to love it. Didn't you say that you liked really antique-y old stuff, Tae?" She carried on breathlessly, "I bet you're gonna' really like it here. It's not exactly our house, its more like my friend's dad's house..."

Taehyung looked momentarily terrified.

"Oh, but don't worry. He's never here." Des grinned seeing the expression on his face. 

Taehyung wasn't sure how he felt about meeting Desiree's friend for the first time and then instantly becoming new roommates. It would be fine for a night or two but surely, he'd begin to look for a new place of his own once they got settled in the city. He and Des hadn't really talked about living arrangements before making the trip over here and Taehyung wondered suddenly why he had never thought to talk it through beforehand. Things like that were important. Perhaps a part of him just assumed they would find some place to stay together, not realising that Des had lived here for an entire year already and might have her own situation figured out to suit herself living as a student. Not, as a couple.

The disturbing question dawned on him like a summer solstice.

And where exactly do I fit in?

"So... say hello to your new home," She trotted up to a thickly painted blueish-green door and rapped on the wooden surface practically bouncing with anticipation as if she couldn't wait for something to happen.

Taehyung watched as the door wrenched inwards after hearing some rattling and a rosy-cheeked girl just as Des had described popped around the opening to greet them.

"Eeeeeee!" 

The two girls squealed with delight and hopped up and down in a jovial embrace.