Feelings

Darkness.

Cold, pungent air.

Desiree sniffed, licking the salty tears from her lips.

She looked up at the starry sky above through heavy eyelids. Her body trembling slightly in the chill of the night.

Soft, gradual footsteps were heard from behind her and the sound of them made her turn around.

Dolphin Bay was the one place that she could count on to be alone so who this could be approaching now?

Perhaps a thief in the night? 

Something or someone even more sinister!

She pulled the denim jacket that was thrown over her shoulders tighter around them in fear with shaking fingers. 

Blinking rapidly, Desiree squinted into the darkness.

Soon, the figure stepped into the moonlight near the shore.

"Taehyung!"

His flaxen hair blew about his forehead, exposing it. He looked down his sharp nose at her huddled there, frightened on the sand. 

He was still wearing the navy dress pants he had on earlier at the Restaurant but his blazer was gone and three buttons had come undone at the neckline of his shirt.

Desiree scrambled to her feet and took a few steps back.

She hoped he couldn't see that she'd been crying.

"Des?" Taehyung's deep voice broke the silence, "What are you doing here by yourself?"

"S-sorry!" The young girl stammered. 

Then she instantly wondered what exactly she was apologising for? 

Desiree set off toward the bank of sand that led through the dark back to where her car was parked. 

She'd already suffered enough of Taehyung's ignominy for one night!

"Don't let me interrupt you.....I don't know why I came here," She mumbled and dried her face roughly. Desiree smoothed her hair back as well, feeling suddenly hyper-aware of her appearance.

So much for the three hours spent in the hair salon! The damp sea-blast caused her wild mane to revert to its natural state. Her hair curling ornately now around her face.