You Wish

"Why did I let him do that?" 

Des stared into the distance, eyebrows knit together, lost in her own thoughts. 

She stood behind the open bar at the 'Wave Crave'. It was only 4 o'clock. The summer was over now. Things were quiet. The gangs of teenagers and flocks of families that normally littered the beachfront were now replaced by a light scatter of tourists. 

Another slow day where she would rather be off doing anything else but be stuck at beach bar. 

"Des.....Desiree!" a boy in a white and blue shirt emblazoned by a cluster of waves on the breast that matched her own, leaned on the bar sticking his face in front of her.

 "What's your problem, Connor?" she asked him annoyed.

"Well...." he spoke, slipping a hand between their bodies to take hold of the glass Des cupped in one hand, in the other hand was a tea towel.  

Des quirked a questioning eyebrow to him, wondering what had warranted this unwelcomed invasion of her personal space?

"....Something on your  mind Des? You've been polishing the same pint glass for the last thirty minutes..." he asked.

"No." she replied, pulling the glass from between them and stepping away to fidget with the others that were already dried off. She began hurriedly stacking them on a shelf above the cold presses, turning her back to avoid her curious companion.

"Well it sure looks like you did. You haven't been yourself lately.." the young man, pried.

Des scoffed.

"Oh, really? And as if you would know what that is? You don't know a thing about me, Connor." she turned back to him, hands on her hips now.

"Besides, I'm the boss around here...I get to ask the questions. You, get back to work!"

Conner sighed throwing her a reproachful glance before sauntering off down the deck and proceeding to clear away the mess on the tables left behind by the bar's lunch time patrons.

Des excused herself from the front of the house. She threw a hand signal to the other Manager to let her know she would be back in 'five'.  

Slinking through the kitchen, she stole a portion of fries from the stainless steel counters and wriggled her way out un-noticed, through the back door.

She came out onto a bank of sand not too far from the kitchen's exit and sat down, throwing her browned legs over the edge, dangling them in the breeze as she popped one french-fry after after another into her mouth.

Three weeks.

It had been three whole weeks since she last saw Taehyung.

Desiree felt stupid. 

Used.

She let him defile her behind a rock on a deserted beach and then he never called her again. Nor did he text her.