18. Consider Yourself Mine (Sai)

We've been traveling in silence for three hours. The sparse grove has gradually turned into a dense forest. The transition is fascinating. The scorching heat of the high sun has disappeared, replaced by nice coolness, under the thick shadows of the centuries-old trees. We have to stop, despite this, since the horses are tired and need water and rest.

   "Your kingdom is amazing," Dey approaches. "It's unbelievable how you can find yourself in the scorching desert, then in the middle of the boundless savannah and finally in the depths of an ancient forest, all in only two days ride." 

   "Thank you," I smile, proud that he's impressed by my homeland. I know that Eleysan is no less beautiful, though. "This is a great compliment from the prince of The God's Garden."

   "I haven't seen it in ten years," he sighs. "I can't remember how it feels to be there anymore." His sad eyes suddenly brighten and he beams. "But I'll be home soon. Do you know what is the first thing that I'm going to do?"

   "What?" I ask curiously.

   "I'll go to the shore and make those lazy sea dragons move," he chuckles. "Have you heard of them? They are strange creatures, large aquatic lizards with sharp teeth, but as meek as lambs. You can ride them or make them dive with you on their back. It's fun. I'll show you."

   My breath hitches at the last sentence. Did he say this on purpose or it just slipped without him thinking? I shake my head and mumble, "Dey, I... might not... be there with... you."

   He starts laughing loudly, "You have no idea, do you, my beautiful moon? You just don't know."

   "Know what?" I stare at him puzzled. Oh Dear! He's so handsome when he's laughing. I want to touch his lips. I'm enchanted by the way they move. My fingers unconsciously trace the outlines of the gold medallion which is hidden under my shirt.

   "You'll see," he only smirks. "Just be sure that when prince Dai Danail wants something, nothing can stop him from getting it. I've never wanted anything more than you, so you can consider yourself mine."

   Thousands of butterflies suddenly start to flutter in my stomach. My face is burning in red. He wants me. He loves me. My heart shrinks. I am the happiest person in the world and the most miserable at the same time. I hope he remembers what I asked him, but I also pray that he has forgotten it. I marvel at the warm sparkles in his brown eyes when he's looking at me, but I want to tell him to stop loving me as well. 

   The blaze of conflicting emotions makes me dizzy and blurs my sight. I almost fall from the horse. Dey's strong arm wraps around my waist, keeping me steady.

   "Careful, Sai!" he chuckles more. "What an innocent, shy treasure you are!"

   "Are you insane?" I hear King Dorth's harsh voice behind us. "Don't touch The Chosen! Stay away from him!"

   "You've lost your right to worry about my safety," Dey hisses to him. "You want me dead anyway, so what does it matter how it will happen?" His eyes are thunderous. His mouth is pursed in a thin line. His knuckles turn white from the force of his grip on the bridle. The horse senses his tension and starts to snort and dig the ground restlessly with its hoofs.

   We're close to one of the most beautiful places I know and the caravan will stop soon at The Third Shelter. 

   I race my mare and shout over my shoulder, "Prince Dai Danail, I challenge you! Let's see who's faster!" He instantly grins, forgetting his anger and darts after me.

    The raven stallion and the snow white mare are galloping like the wind side by side. We are barely avoiding the enormous trees. The horses gracefully leap over the bushes and the fallen branches in a crazy race. We are laughing our heads off, exhilarated by the adrenalin rush, wild and free. Nothing else exists in the universe except me and my prince. Harda is following us with long jumps, growling excitedly.

   Suddenly, the trees remain behind us and we find ourselves in a lush, green meadow at the foot of a huge, roaring waterfall. Untamed streams of foaming water are pouring into a crystal blue lake. We stop and get off the horses.

   "The race is not over yet. I'm still faster than you," I scream through laughter and dash to the lake, crushing the thick grass, which reaches my knees. Dey is hot on my heels.

   "Just wait till I get hold of you," he yells in an attempt to outvoice the booming of the fall. 

    We're chasing each other like children in the tall, fragrant grass. Dey finally corners me on the slippery rocks near the water but I'm not ready to give up.

   "Stop! Surrender! You'll fall down," Dey shouts, reaching out to grab my shirt, but it's too late. 

   I plop in the water flat on my back and immediately start waving my arms and splashing around, pretending that I'm drowning. His startled expression is hilarious. I barely manage not to crack up. Before I can tell him that the water reaches no higher than my waist, he determinately throws himself headlong in the lake, obviously thinking that I need saving. I can't bare it any longer and burst into rapturous laughter again.

   Dey is rubbing his butt which had a rough meeting with the bottom. He points a finger, squinting at me and grins, "You tricked me, naughty moon ray. You owe me. I'm waiting for my repayment."

  "And what repayment do you want?" I raise a brow.

   "Hmm," Dey scratches his nose, stepping closer. His sly smirk makes me all hot and bothered. He bends to my ear and commands, "Take your clothes off!" 

___________________________________

Photo 213436319 / Black White Horse © Viacheslav Nemyrivskyi | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 18!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Dey and Sai are getting bolder. 😀

What repayment could have Day planned to ask, given that he still can't touch Sai?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny