41. I Am Yours (Danail)

"Dey," my prince whispers and takes a hesitant step towards me. His wide, pure blue eyes darken. Shades of pink and purple stream into his irises and mix with the azure, turning them into two deep, boiling lakes of colors. "What have you done, my love? Your nannies are right. You are the most beautiful boy in the world indeed."

   "Do you really think so?" I smile in relief. 

   I thought he didn't like my new look at first. He seemed a little startled. This is my surprise for him. I slipped out of the feast unnoticed early and asked Queen Salia for help. She was more than happy to send me the groomers. The bunch of squeaking girls were too enthusiastic. After an hour of gasping, giggling, shaving, waxing and massages with all kinds of fragrant oils, they were able to almost erase the traces of life in the desert and transform me into an elegant, refined prince, just like my spouse.

   "We have only one month, Moon Ray. Our life will turn into a dangerous adventure when it is over and I will become a warrior again," I explain. "I wanted this to be the time when I would be handsome for you and show you the prince I was, before the war changed me. You deserve to marry a royalty."

   "I will marry you, Dey," Sai reaches out and grabs my hand, pulling me closer. "It doesn't matter if your face is covered with coarse stubble or as smooth as porcelain. I don't care if you wear black leather with the sharp daggers, tucked in your belt, or your body is wrapped in soft silk and smells of exquisite perfumes. I love you endlessly both ways. You are my prince, my protector, my man. You are everything to me."

   He leans in to kiss me, but shakes his head and wrinkles his nose, "Ew, I am all covered in drool. I need a bath first. This perfection can't be ruined." His eyes are studying carefully my clean-shaven face and follow the soft drape of my purple tunic. His fingers run through my smoothed, carefully combed hair. His orbs are glowing now in dark purple. "Pure beauty! My Bright Sun! Thank you for doing this for me!"

   Sai quickly turns and runs into the bathroom, leaving me slightly puzzled. Why is this rush? Maybe, he can't wait to kiss me. I shrug my shoulders and sprawl on the bed. I like the feeling of smoothness all over my body, but I have to admit that it also feels a little weird. It will take some time for me to get used to this. Being a flawless prince is not an easy task at all. By no means would I call plucking eyebrows pleasant. I certainly wouldn't want to see tweezers anytime soon. Massages, though, were pretty good. It would have been really relaxing, if the girls weren't cackling the entire time. I'm absolutely sure one of them stole a lock of my hair before they left.

   Suddenly, a gust of hot air makes the sheets and the drapery swing and rustle. The candle flames sway in the warm current. The room is illuminated by a violet glow. The moon flower in the crystal bowl, placed on the night stand, starts to elicit quiet jingle. 

   I raise, leaning on my elbows to look around. Sai is standing silently in the bathroom door frame. The water is dripping down his naked body. His arms are crossed in front of his chest. His eyes are fixed on the floor. There is something very odd about his posture.

   "Moon Ray, is everything alright?" I ask worriedly. He looks tense. His skin is radiating light again. 

   "Dey, please, leave the room," he barely whispers.

   "What? Why?" I can't believe my ears. Why would he want me to go? "Something is wrong. Sai, talk to me! How can I help you?"

   "Please, run!" he sobs. "This force I possess is like a dangerous, lethal sword. It is unpredictable if you don't know how to use it, but once you learn to wield it, it becomes your greatest advantage. It was like something, coming from outside before. I was fighting to keep my control over it every day. Not anymore. It somehow soaked into me when I tasted you for the first time. I am the force now and it is me. We are one and the same thing."

   "Isn't that good?" I ask, even more bewildered. "It is now ruled by your own will. Why are you afraid then? Why aren't you looking at me?"

   "Dey, wouldn't you be afraid, if you were the sword and your nature was violent?" Sai raises his voice. "What would you do, if you were driven by an unstoppable power and there was something that you desperately craved? Wouldn't you try to stop, if you knew that you could cause harm?"

   "What it is that you crave, Sai?" I utter.

   "I will always long for one thing only. It is you. I always yearn for you, my love." The light, radiating from every part of his body, gets brighter. Sai screams, "Ruuun! I can't stop."

   "I will never run away from you," I firmly state, although my heart is pounding wildly.

   Sai raises his head. His eyes are glowing like embers. He spreads his arms and the next moment his body bursts into blazing flames.

   I am frozen. The sight is beautiful and terrifying. I have seen it before. He reaches out to me and I am lifted in the air like a feather, swirling in the violet mist.

   "I am sorry!" Sai cries. Tears are streaming down his cheeks. "I am one of them. I am a fiery monster, my precious Sun. There were so many signs. I should have guessed it earlier, but it never crossed my mind. It's too late. I can't let you go now. I want you too much. Forgive me, my love! I shall never forgive and will hate myself for both of us."

   "Moon Ray," I smile at him. My body is relaxed and warm, floating in the air in a state of blissful weightlessness. I am completely calm. My racing pulse goes to normal. Somehow I know that we will be safe. "Do not be afraid. You are no monster. You are Prince Dai Stial, The God's Chosen and my spouse. Take my hand. Come to me. I am yours."

___________________________________

Photo 42297777 © Andrey Kiselev | Dreamstime.com

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 41!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Did anyone have any suspicions that Sai may possess the same force like the fiery butterflies or this was a complete surprise?

Are you worried that Sai will not be able to control the violent nature of the force and will hurt Dey?

Why do you think Dey was suddenly so calm and sure that they will be fine?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny