31. We Will Change Our Destiny (Danail)

"Easy, kitten!" I whisper, watching closely every step the gracious, uninvited guest is taking but avoiding the direct eye contact. I know that the animal may accept it as a challenge. I am not worried. I have defeated bigger enemies, although, it's probably twice as heavy as me.

   I move over Sai, as slowly as possible, careful not to wake him up and lie down so that he stays hidden behind my back.

   The enormous cat comes closer and starts sniffing my hand with a low growl. It's not flipping its tail or flattening its ears. There are no signs of aggression, so I decide to wait and see what will be its next move. I can jump on its back and snap its neck, if I notice the slightest hint of an impending attack, before it can even realize what's happening. 

   It goes on sniffing up my forearm to the biceps. I can't help but admire the remarkable specimen. This is the biggest male jaguar I have ever seen. Its well-muscled body is more than six feet from the nose to the tail. It is one of the few animals that could be Harda's worthy opponents. I wonder what its name is. It is clear that it's tame. All I see is utmost curiosity. I hope the curiosity won't kill the cat this time. It would be a pity if I have to end the life of such a beautiful beast.

   "Oh, no no no!" I hiss. "What do you think you're doing?"

   The jaguar is rubbing its nose on my belly, advancing quickly towards my groin. I snort, trying to suppress the bubbling laughter that threatens to burst out of me at the tickling of its whiskers on my skin. 

   "Don't go there, my friend! Let's not ruin our friendship at the very beginning," I grumble when it's massive muzzle hovers over my manhood. Its hot breath raises goosebumps all over me but I keep lying still.

   Suddenly the beast exhales loudly as if to release the tension and sprawls on the floor, leaning its head on my thigh. I hear soft, even snorts few minutes later.

   "Nooo, you don't intend to sleep on my leg, do you?" I huff but soon regret my words. The cat peeks at me slyly and gets up, heading to the other side of the bed. I throw myself over Sai, but the cunning devil is faster than me and sticks to his right side, occupying half of the bed. 

    "Tasla! Where have you been?" Sai murmurs in his sleep and wraps his arms around the sneaky jaguar. I sit back in my place and pout. I'll surely lock the door next time. It should be me cuddling with the sweet Moon Ray. 

   "So, your name is Tasla, huh?" I rumble. "You'll sleep outside tomorrow. I promise you that."

   A tiny giggle makes me turn to two shining pink eyes. 

   "Are you jealous, Your Highness?" Sai grins. "I am sorry! I forgot to tell you about my pet. I was too busy with... other things. He's used to sleeping in my bed and probably went looking for me when he saw I was not there."

   "Well, he'll have to learn otherwise or I'll kick him out the hard way," I frown, only making my Moon giggle louder. 

   "You're green with jealousy," he states.

   "I don't keep rivals," I retort, glaring at the intruder who's peacefully sleeping next to my spouse.

   "I'm only yours," my prince whispers, kissing my thigh. "Come here!"

   "I wasn't jealous," I mumble, snuggling up to him. The cheeky cat has left us with too little space. We have to lie almost on top of each other. "But if our pets are going to sleep in our bed, we definitely need a bigger one."

   "Are you sure?" Sai smirks, sliding his leg on mine. 

   "Well, not really," I smile, "although, it might get quite crowded when Harda joins us."

   "Oh," he gasps with startled expression. "You're actually right. We need a much bigger bed."

   We both start chuckling, but Sai suddenly lifts his head and asks, "Dey, do you know her?"

   "Who?" I look at him puzzled.

   "The First," he answers. "We'll have to meet her tomorrow. Arx said that she's downright scary."

   "They're too sensitive," I shake my head. "I've never seen her, but I doubt she's scarier than my father. Why are you asking about this now?"

   "Because I was wondering," he barely utters, "how many more nights we have, to sleep together, cuddled in the narrow space, left by our annoying pets."

   "Even if we have the whole time in the world, it still won't be enough," I stroke his hair. "But also, every second with you is enough to make me happy forever." I cup his cheeks and press my mouth to his. "Don't think about it. We will change our destiny. You'll see. Love can create miracles."

   "Yes, we will," he breathes on my lips. "We can do it together."

   Tasla stretches out in his sleep at this moment, almost knocking us out of bed.

   "No pets in the bedroom from now on," we both say at the same time and burst into laughter.

__________________________________________

Photo by Ryutaro Tsukata from Pexels

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 31!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Did you like Sai's sly jaguar? 😀

Do you believe that the two princes can change the predestined?

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny