45. Taming Monsters (Danail)

"Dey! Wake up!"

   I hear it, but decide to ignore it and bury my face deeper in the warm, soft sheets, sighing contentedly. No one can make me get out of bed today. I only want the food to keep coming. That would be later, though. Now, I will just sleep. My body is exhausted in a pleasant, delightful way. My mind is still floating in Sai's violet mist. I smile. Who would have known that my delicate, innocent moon is such a beast in bed. Every spot he touched last night is still sensitive, out and inside of me.

   "Deeeey! Pleeeeease! Wake up!" Sai's voice sounds a little panicky and there is some bustle around me. I wonder for a second what are all those strange noises, but keep my eyes shut. I am not worried. What problem could there be that my fiery prince can't handle on his own? I doubt there is anyone who can overpower him. 

   "Dey!" he yells to the top of his lungs. "Get up this instant!"

   "Moon Rey, stop it," I growl without opening my eyes and pull the pillow over my head. "My ass is destroyed, I can't move a muscle and it is definitely not my own fault. Stop screaming and come here to cuddle me. I could also use some kissing."

   The pillow flies away the next second and the duvet disappears, leaving me stark naked, sprawled on my stomach.

   "What in the name of God?" I grumble, finally stirring fully awake. 

   The noise around me is unimaginable. I hear hissing, snarling and nails, scrapping on the marble. I quickly sit up and open my eyes in dismay. The sight is hair-raising and hilarious at the same time. Sai is standing near the bed in a birthday suit with one arm raised in the air and the other outstretched to the terrace door. His hair is a total mess, cheeks scarlet and eyes frantically staring at me.

    "Have you gone deaf?" he squeaks. "How can you snore like a log when these two are raising hell. Do something! Your monster is out of control."

   "Do I have to explain why I am so tired?" I laugh out. "Someone else's monster was raging not long ago, wasn't it?"

   "Dey!" he gasps and his face turns dark red. "Help me here, please." 

   Harda is flapping his wings close to the ceiling, baring his teeth and growling menacingly at something behind my prince. He is furious that Sai's force is keeping him in place and he can't pounce on it. The purple saliva, foaming at his mouth, has turned almost black. This means that he is in a killer mode and the glands in his gums have released the lethal venom, used by death bats on their prey. It is almost impossible to calm him down in this state. He would hardly stop before the kill.

   I follow Harda's gaze. His opponent, kept away by Sai's power, is no less dangerous. The enormous jaguar is enraged. His ears are flattened, sharp teeth on display, amber eyes, fixed on the bat. A low, warning hiss is coming out of his dreadful, gaping maw. Tasla is flipping his tail, preparing to jump.

   There will be no winner, if the two beasts engage in a fight. I doubt there will be any survivors either. I wonder how long has this been going on. My poor Moon Ray. I should have answered his first call. What were we thinking? Two male alpha predators at the top of the food chain would never be friendly to each other, even if their masters are madly in love. What a mess!

   "What shall we do?" Sai whines. "I can't stand here and keep them away forever. Can't you make Harda stop?"

   "Well, can you calm Tasla?" I mumble, having no clue how to deal with this.

   He only shakes his head, "I have never seen him so furious. He doesn't listen to me at all."

   "Mhm, I can say the same about Harda. Even if I try, he will probably pay no attention. Do you think Tasla would hurt any of us?" A crazy plan is starting to form in my head. 

   "No," Sai replies firmly. "He would never harm us."

   "The same goes for Harda," I nod. "Then you release them and we immediately jump between them. I wrap my arms around Harda's neck and you do the same with Tasla. The instinct to keep us safe will stop them."

   "Are you out of your mind?" Sai bellows incredulously. "Are you suggesting for real that we throw ourselves naked between two berserk monsters?"

   "Do you have a better plan?" I raise a brow. "Take it as training. We'll be doing a lot of this when the fiery butterflies breach The Portal."

   "Not naked, I hope," he mutters. "Fine! Get ready. We're doing it. I can't believe I agree to that. You are absolutely reckless and it is obviously contagious."

   "That's why you love me," I grin and stand with my back against his. "Now!"

   The moment Sai lowers his arms, the beasts pounce on us. I clearly see the flaws of this ridiculous plan. They just go around us and rush at each other, without us even being able to touch them. The sounds of the collision are horrifying. Sai screams desperately. I contemplate what shall be my next move, before the animals have killed each other.

   Suddenly, the bedroom door is flung wide open. The First appears in the frame. Chilly gust of air fills the room. Cries and excited shouts of encouragement can be heard from the hallway outside. It seems half of the inhabitants of the royal palace, including King Unufrail, have gathered outside our door. She claps her hands three times and whispers something in the strange, incomprehensible language I have heard only with Sai before. Both animals instantly sit against each other, meek as lambs. Tasla starts licking his pow while Harda leans his head on his wing, staring at the big cat.

   "What?" My jaw drops. Millions of questions are swarming in my head. "How did you do this? Do you know God's whisper? Can you speak His words? What did you say..."

   "Wait! Wait! Wait!" Uyani laughs and closes the door, waiving at the cheering crowd. "You boys, better put some clothes on first. Not that I complain. The sight is fabulous, but we need to talk seriously and I have ordered some breakfast, so the servants will be here any minute."

   "Dearest God!" Sai gasps and pulls a sheet from the messy bed to cover us both. "Is there anyone in this kingdom who hasn't seen us naked? Why were all these people outside?"

   "Well, if anyone hasn't seen you yet, they've been surely provided with all the details by those who have," Uyani smiles. "Don't worry. Everyone is mesmerized. You are both stunning, but I think you know it. The sounds, coming from your room were horrifying. The passers by were concerned about what was going on inside, but no one dared to come in. So, they called me and the king. It was clear that these cuties did not fall in love at first sight."

   She scratches Tasla on the back and Harda behind the ears. They both seem very happy about it. I still can't believe what she did.

   "But how?" Sai asks while we are getting dressed.

   "That's what I do, my lord, tame monsters," she chuckles. "It is time for you both to learn some very important things about yourselves." 

___________________________________

A/N

Hello at the end of chapter 45!

Thank you for reading and supporting! ❤❤❤

Did you expect Tasla and Harda's first meeting to go like this? 😀

The revelations I hope everyone is waiting for are coming soon.

Uyani knows a lot about the nature of Sai's force and Dey's ability to tame it.

Secrets from the past will be revealed and hopefully a mystery uncovered.

Next update will be perhaps in a week, so enough time for theories. 😉

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize, if you think it's necessary.

And don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny