43- A Fun Game of Cards

Stepping outside to go and grab whatever was left in the car, I headed over to it and shoved Narancia to the side with my hip. Hearing a squawk from him, I simply glanced to the side, pretending I didn't see a carton of eggs nearby. Unfortunately, Narancia was a bit set on revenge, "Ah, (Name), there's eggs-"

As if on cue, Giorno purposefully wandered straight into Mista, making him drop one of the bags he was carrying. With an exaggerated groan of annoyance, Mista bent over to pick the bag back up, only to be stopped by Giorno taking it from him and heading inside with it. Abbacchio, having witnessed the golden-haired boy nyooming inside, sighed aggressively and muttered something unpleasant under his breath.

Snickering at how much Giorno ruffled Abbacchio's feathers, I quickly zoomed back indoors to ensure that I wouldn't be stuck with the eggs. Setting the bags down on the counter, I began rifling through them to see if there was anything I could safely steal and keep to myself. Finding a packet of cards, I slapped it onto the counter and glanced back at Giorno, "Hey, Giogio? Do cards go in the pantry, fridge, or freezer?"

Unbothered, Giorno hurried along with putting bread away, speeding off into the pantry when Mista came into view. Guessing I had to ask Mista, I caught his attention and pointed to the cards, "Who bought these? There's like a million packs around."

Mista shrugged, "Don't look at me, 's prolly Narancia's fault."

"Huh," Scooping the pack into my hand, I nudged Mista with my elbow, "Think I can throw 'em all the way to the living room?"

"Don't even think about it," Abbacchio, several bags in hand, took the long way around to avoid the approaching Giorno, "Bruno and Narancia have the rest. Put it away before you do something dumb."

~*~

Sitting on the floor of my room, I glared at the empty suitcase in front of me. Uneventful groceries aside, the pack of cards had been snatched away by Narancia, and Bucciarati suggested I start packing some of my belongings early. Suggested meaning lending me one of his old suitcases. Which although nice was more of a hassle to deal with, considering my backpack.

Pouting, I glanced at my beloved backpack, half tempted to just throw it in there and call it a day. Actually, yeah. Scooting over, I grabbed it by the straps and tossed it in, then slammed the suitcase shut. Getting off the floor, I made haste to the downstairs to see what the lads were up to. Narancia was trying and failing to do some sort of card trick, managing to drop about the cards in his hands, Fugo forcing a polite smile and a little clap of encouragement.

Amused by his confidence in his tricks, I stepped up behind Narancia and slung one of my arms over his shoulder, ignoring his little shriek, "Hey, wanna show me?"

"Don't scare me like that!" Narancia whined, already shuffling his cards to show me his cool tricks. Watching him drop a handful of them while trying to flip them between his fingers, I snapped my fingers to summon my Stand and have them float up.

"Alright, so we're not doing that," I picked up the floating cards and snatched the remainder of the pile from Narancia's hands, "But we can play a game with them."

Narancia's frustration at me stealing his new cards evaporated, "Okay, but the only game I know how to play is Go Fish."

"How?" Fugo looked shocked, "I've seen you playing Poker with Mista. Did you not know the rules?"

"No," Narancia ignored how his answer floored Fugo, focusing his attention back onto me, "You know how to play Go Fish, right?"

"But... but you won that game, Narancia," Fugo mumbled to himself. For a moment, I wondered how bad Mista had to be at Poker to lose against somebody who didn't know anything beyond basic math, but brushed it aside. No point in even bothering.