29- FraKctured

Having stopped crying a while ago, I remained in the corner with Coco Jumbo, Abbacchio, and Bucciarati, not wanting to get up and go back in the cabin. Checking every few minutes to make sure somebody hadn't bled do death inside of Coco Jumbo's Stand, I breathed a small sigh of relief when everyone seemed to be fine. Unconscious and severely injured, but not actively dying.

Stuck standing in the middle of the cockpit with really nothing to do, Bucciarati occupied himself with staring out the window and watching the clouds. Seeing that he was biting his lip hard enough to break through the skin, I sighed and decided to do something about it. Not bothering to move from my spot quite yet, I cleared my throat to catch his attention before stating in a soft tone, "Bucciarati, you're going to hurt yourself if you bite your lip any harder."

Seeming to realize how hard he had been biting, Bucciarati stopped in an instant and gave me a curt nod, "Right, sorry. I didn't realize..."

"It's not that big of a deal, I just don't want you to hurt yourself over something stupid like that," I replied, swiftly ending the conversation. Bucciarati seemed accepting enough and went back to doing virtually nothing. Jumping at the distant sound of a door sounding in the cabin, I felt tempted to go and check. Deciding it wasn't worth the time since Trish might've just been looking around the closet, I turned to Coco Jumbo to give him a quick pat and to check on the lads.

Finding that they weren't better or worse, I breathed another sigh. Was there truly nothing I could do? Seeing as how no new developments were being made- as far as I knew, the hitmen were probably doing something important somewhere- I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes.

"(Name), does your arm hurt?" Jumping at Bucciarati's sudden question, I gave him a blank stare. Taking my silence as a sign that I somehow didn't understand such a simple question, Bucciarati tried to rephrase it, "I mean... it is bothering you any? It didn't look bad enough for you to be unable to fight, but it certainly didn't look good..."

Staring at the bandages on my arm with relative indifference to how badly it stung, I tried to be as honest as possible without sounding like a crybaby, "Well, it doesn't feel great, but I guess I'm doing better than before. The bandages make it better 'cause it's not bleeding anymore."

"That's a relief," Bucciarati gave me a kind looking smile, "It looked pretty bad... I am worried about it getting infected though, so I want to change the bandages as soon as we land the plane."

Letting my arm flop down to my side, I shrugged his concern off, "If you say so, but I can change the bandages myself. It's on my non dominant arm, so I'll be fine for a while."

"Well, you're not exactly known for being the most careful girl in the world, are you?" Abbacchio cut in, making me scowl and give the back of his chair a mean look, "Let Bucciarati do it so you don't end up hurting your arm."

"You make it sound like I can't do anything for myself," I muttered, feeling a bit sour.

Abbacchio sighed, realizing that he was the source of my sour mood and promptly apologized, "Sorry. That was rude of me. I don't want to have to pretend I'm not seeing you struggle to wrap your arm in bandages, and Bucciarati knows what he's doing. There's no need for you to do it yourself."

Accepting his apology, I loosened up and shifted my gaze to the floor. Bucciarati seemed a bit surprised to see Abbacchio apologizing to me, a bright smile coming onto his face. Turning to me with bright eyes, Bucciarati felt the need to convince me further, "I learned basic first aid when I was younger."

"Did you now?" Raising an eyebrow in surprise, I was a bit shocked to see Bucciarati actually opening up a bit about himself. Putting aside the bitterness I still held for him, I decided to try and get more out of him, "By younger, what do you mean? Like five year old nurse Bucciarati, or fifteen? How old are you anyway? I don't think you told me, or I just forgot."