14- Insert Pee Joke

After the slightly awkward encounter with Bruno, the rest of the day went by in a blur. Koichi ended up calling me towards the end of the day to thank me for guiding him to Giorno's school, and that he had successfully gotten his passport back from Giorno. It sounded like there was more to the story, but light prodding got me to drop it and instead ask him what he was going to do next. Disappointed but not surprised to hear that he was going back to Japan, I offered him the best of wishes.

But, before I could actually hang up, he had given me a word of warning, "Also, um, (Name), be careful, okay? I'm going back home because it's dangerous, but I'm worried..."

Surprised that he was worried about me despite not knowing me very well, I huffed and replied, "I'll be fine, don't worry. I know how to haul ass like I mean it when I need to."

Koichi didn't sound too relieved, but it was enough for him to drop it. The rest of the day had been spent looking out the window and watching it get darker and darker.

~*~

Currently stuck in Libeccio for the afternoon, I wondered what the hell we were doing here, slightly upset about having to sit here and wait for hours on hours. Bruno had told us yesterday that we were getting a new member- which I half-assumed would be Giorno- so we were supposed to be at Libeccio until he Abbacchio had the foresight to bring his headphones and jam out to whatever music he liked, staring off into the distance and unwilling to converse with anyone.

Mista sighed for the umpteenth time, about as bored as I was and with nothing to preoccupy him, "(Name), look at the dessert menu real quick, then guess which thing I want."

"Huh? Gimmie a second," I looked around for the menu so I could flip and indulge Mista, but was unable to find it and had to stall a bit, "Uhhhh, why?"

"I want cake, but I'm stuck on what flavor to get, so I want you to guess what I want." Mista explained, somehow managing to confuse me even more. Finding the menu halfway stuck beneath Narancia's math workbook, I pulled it out and flipped to the dessert menu.

"Okaaaaaaay, let's see," I scanned over the flavors of cake, then look up at Mista, "Lemon?"

Mista made a face of disgust, "Nah, not today."

Narancia, ever focused on his schoolwork, looked away from the window to interrupt, "Lemon flavored cake is gross! Lemons are gross too."

Without hesitation, Narancia's head was forcefully tilted towards his paper by Fugo, only for Narancia's gaze to drift back out the window after half a minute.

"Um... strawberry?" I suggested, hoping that Mista would be fine with it. Luckily, Mista shrugged and seemed fine with it, calling a waitress over to put in the order and then sit around boredly while waiting for it. Half tempted to pull out my Switch and play something, I remembered how distracted Narancia became whenever my Switch was out and instead decided to go through the plethora of memes I had saved on my phone.

Fugo seemed to notice, giving me a slight gesture to keep my phone out of Narancia's distraction radar. Giving him a quick wink, I leaned forwards and kept my phone out of Narancia's site. Mista peeked over shoulder to stare down at it, but upon realizing most of them weren't written in Italian, began bugging me to find ones that were. Unable to explain to him that I couldn't actually do that, I grumbled and scrolled down to a stock picture of a sad looking chef loading a gun with pieces of pasta and showed it to him, getting a light cackle.

Thus came Fugo's angry glare at the two of us, the blonde in question trying to communicate with his glare that we needed to shut up so Narancia could focus. Despite this, Narancia continued to be distracted by seemingly nothing, leaning his head on his hand and gazing out the window idly.