20- Abbacchio's very bad no good day

The wall beside Illuso shattered, freaking the fuck out of me as I turned to look at it carefully. Not having taken the time to question what Illuso wanted to do that much, I was just going with the flow and scrambling to find a way to get Illuso to screw off. Also not really caring that he had decided to lay me out on his back since I didn't have to walk, I focused on trying to think my out of this. Fugo's enraged state was most certainly not helping in the slightest.

Tapping Illuso roughly on the back, I captured his attention and attempted to boss him around, "What are you standing around like an idiot for, huh?"

"Hm?" Illuso looked back at me with a frown on his face, "What ever do you mean?"

Before I could continue, a loud splat caught both Illuso's and my attention. Seeing a dead crow on the ground, I pushed myself off of Illuso's back and took a few steps away from it, wanting nothing to do with whatever the hell was up with that shit. Putting two and two together, I glanced over at the seething Fugo on the ground.

Not really able to comprehend what Fugo's Stand ability was just by the corpses, I gave the dead bird a wary glance. Looking back at Illuso, I gestured he move away from the dead bird.

"Illuso," Hissing his name when he reluctantly backed up towards me, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Illuso gave me a self-confidant smile, "My job. I'm up for collecting intel, and that's what I'm going to do. Where exactly are you going?"

"WE'RE NOT TELLING YOU SHIT!" Fugo spat into the ground, hands balled into fists and gripping at the dirt. Turning towards him, I watched as Fugo's chest heaved angrily before he pushed himself up and off the ground. Wiping dirt off of his face, Fugo glared hatefully at Illuso. About to roll up and try punching Illuso, Fugo stopped in his tracks and looked down at his leg.

Hearing footsteps despite the lack of movement, I turned in the direction they were coming from. Illuso sprinted off to follow them, giving me a quick pat on the shoulder. Fugo began running after him as quickly as possible, only to be stopped by me reaching out to grab him by the wrist.

"Fugo, stop," I kept my voice quiet to try and calm him down, "There's nothing we can do."

Still seething, Fugo whipped around with a vengeance, "Nothing we can do? NOTHING WE CAN DO?! YOU HAD THE PERFECT CHANCE AND WHAT DID YOU DO?! NOTHING!"

Roughly shaking off my hold on him, Fugo took off running. Knowing that he was right, I cringed and bit back the part of what he said that stung. He's just mad. He probably doesn't mean for it to come out that harshly. Sighing shakily, I decided to at least follow him and make sure he didn't hurt himself.

Tracing Fugo's footsteps, I looked over to see him sitting down in the dirt, knees raised up to his chest. Approaching him slowly, I decided that Abbacchio and Giorno would be okay dealing with Illuso for a while. Illuso would probably be fine, the worst that could happen was him getting beaten up.

Finding myself sitting close, but not close enough to bother Fugo too much, I gave him a concerned gaze and prodded him gently, "Fugo? What's wrong?"

Fugo stayed painfully silent for a moment, then abruptly croaked, "You must hate me now."

"No, I don't hate you," My reassurance seemed to slide right off of Fugo, "I would never hate you."

"You're fucking stupid then. You're so fucking stupid," Fugo spat, drawing his legs closer to him, "Because I'm awful to you. Why are you being so nice with me, huh? Are you looking down on me, you piece of trash?"

I frowned, chest aching at the painful way Fugo choked on his words, "You don't mean that."

"Why? What does it matter? Why do you care so much, huh?" Looking over at me with tear-filled eyes, Fugo seemed on the verge of collapsing, "Is there something you want in return? You know, I think you're only nice to me because Bucciarati told you my parents were rich. Is that right, bitch? Too bad, they disowned me. So stop trying."