13- Speed Weed

About a week passed of me mostly being on standby save for accompanying Bruno, Mista, or Fugo on assignments related to getting protection fees out of people who failed to pay on time. Most of the time they were willing to hand it over with no real problem, but I ended up having to drag Fugo away after a nasty spat and just finish it myself.

All in all, I was becoming more and more assimilated into living in Naples, and my slight foreigner's accent was diminishing more and more. Of course I could no longer convincingly play the role of an airheaded foreigner- despite technically being one- but it made me stand out less. Aside from that, Risotto called me once every day to make sure that I was doing alright, and that I wasn't getting cold feet.

Most of my free time was spent messing around with the lads, whether it was cringing as Fugo tried to decipher my notes from school, attempting to help Narancia with his multiplication tables, having weird chats with Mista about random topics, sitting in complete silence with Abbacchio, or just laying on the floor of Bruno's office and offering emotional support while he attempted to do pointless accounting and other paperwork.

Despite this, I had the strange feeling that things were probably going to start getting strange. For no real reason, too. Wondering if I did something I shouldn't have done, I took an extra few minutes staring at my own reflection before shaking it off and deciding to deal with whatever happens when it happens.

I wasn't given an assignment today, on account of getting back home at around midnight since the taxi Mista and I had to take got a flat tire. I assumed that Mista was still asleep, but considering that it was almost noon I eventually forced myself out of bed for the sake of at least trying to salvage my sleeping schedule.

Getting dressed slowly, I opened my door and left as quickly as I could, Abbacchio looking like he wanted to say something, but being unable to get it out before I closed the door behind me. Wondering what to do now that I was outside, I considered just going back inside and asking Abbacchio if he wanted to watch shitty reality shows and shit talk with me.

Remembering that I was eventually going to meet up with Giorno again, I figured that the time he got out of school for lunch break would be coming up soon. Taking a wild guess as to what school he went to, I hoped that my luck would see me though and started walking down the street, sliding my headphones out and over my ears and starting one of my playlists.

Bobbing my head to the beat of the music, I occasionally pulled out my phone to check where I was going, eventually ending up in front of the school in question. Unsure if they were out for lunch, I peeked out into the courtyard from behind the orange-y colored stone wall. Spotting a game of football (soccer for fellow American plebeians) going on, I watched it with disinterest for a few minutes, feeling a slight sense of shame from not knowing if this was the right place.

He might not even decide to go out-

"(Name)?"

Jumping at the sound of somebody calling my name, I spun around rapidly. Taking in Giorno's form, I breathed a sigh of relief before pouting dramatically, "Jeez, you nearly gave me a heart attack!"

Giorno gave me a half-apologetic smile, "Ah, sorry I scared you. What are you doing here?"

"Eh. I overslept," Giorno's eyes narrowed at that, probably noticing that I looked a bit tired, "and I realized that it was almost noon, so I thought that I might as well show up."

In response, Giorno gave a small little huff, "I don't have classes today, you know. I just happened to be walking by here. But, it's nice to see you. Would you like to join me for a while?"