22- Fighting Old

A bit miffed that (Name) had pulled a Houdini again, Mista grumbled while ravaging through the mini fridge again, "Yo, Narancia, you want a drink? It's all cold stuff, but we've got apple juice, pineapple juice, cola, and all types of water."

Narancia remained silent, staring at the ceiling with a blank look on his face, blissfully unaware of the drama unfolding between Bruno and Giorno. Mista turned to look up Narancia, wondering what the hell his deal was, "Hey, you listening?"

Noticing after a moment that somebody was speaking to him, Narancia put a hand up to his ear and practically began to shout, "HUH? WHAT WAS THAT?"

With a touch of concern, Mista repeated himself, "I asked if you wanted a drink! And you're looking pretty tired anyway, maybe you need some rest. It'll be fine, so I'll keep watch of the ceiling and you can sit down."

"Really?" Narancia seemed to perk up slightly, walking stiffly to the open chair in front of him and sitting down slowly. Knocking a fist against his back, Narancia began to complain, "Mmmph... my shoulders feel so stiff, 'n my back hurts too... I could go for something warm and easy on the stomach, too."

"Hm?" Mista turned to glance at Narancia from the side, "You really don't listen, do you? I just said we only had cold drinks."

Seemingly not registering what Mista said, Narancia rubbed at the back of his neck slowly. Catching sight of the magazines strewn about the table, Narancia hummed, "Then I'll have a banana."

Flipping open a magazine for gardens, Narancia breathed a dramatic sigh, resting his head in the palm of his hand, "Nobody could look at a garden this nice without sighing, could they? It's so relaxing... so beautiful. I'd like to lay down under the sun in a garden like this and think back on the good ol' days when I was a kid..."

Narancia slurped on something loudly, catching Mista's attention and increasing his worry tenfold. Finally getting a good look at Narancia, Mista reeled at the sight of Narancia licking his finger and then flipping the page of the magazine, immediately protesting, "Don't lick your fingers to turn the pages, that's fuckin' gross! I haven't read that one yet."

Seeming just as surprise as Mista was, Narancia looked up at him slowly, "Huh? Was I doing that? You're kidding?"

Narancia began coughing into his fist harshly, until something pink and white at the tip dribbled out of his mouth. Mista leaned in to get a better look at the mystery object of the hour, "Hey, something came outta your mouth when you were coughing. And can't you sit up straight? You look like a freak..."

Finding that Narancia was indifferent, Mista shuffled closer and ignored the bite of the floor against his knees, "What is that...? A tooth...?"

"I can't eat this banana," Narancia coughed, his priorities all out of order, "It's all dried up... It's as hard as a rock..."

Mista shot up and off the floor, pointing down at Narancia, "Ohhhh, I get it! You're such a clown, you actually got me 'n everything! But seriously, that's not funny, man. It looked like a tooth came outta your mouth! Pretty gross, dude. What is that anyway?"

Reaching a hand up to cup his ear, Narancia spoke up loudly, sluggishly moving his head up to look at Mista, "Ah? What are you talking about, Mista? You're talking too quietly, I can't hear you... Like, this banana... I- It's falling apart... I... I can't eat th-this!"

Getting one good at Narancia's wrinkly and admittedly gross face, Mista instantly understood the severity of what was going on, "Hey what the fuck is wrong with you?! Your face is all messed up!"

Taking a step back since Narancia had decided to stand up and come after him, Mista's shock was written all over his face as he gasped, "N- Narancia!"