21- Foot Princess

Letting Giorno be the one to speak with Bruno about what the fuck happened, I sighed and leaned against the window. Sprawled out on the seats with his head resting on my lap was Abbacchio, napping peacefully despite having a severed hand. Giorno showed some concern when Abbacchio fell asleep, asking me to make sure he didn't die, but after being gently slapped awake, Abbacchio quickly became pissy. Fugo, on the other hand, remained peacefully asleep the entire time, something I was glad about.

Hearing the door open, I looked up to see Bruno and Sticky Fingers at the entrance. Seeing a sleeping Abbacchio and Fugo, Bruno crept in the van quietly, using Sticky Fingers to zip his hand back together. After a moment of stirring, Abbacchio's eyes opened slowly. Taking a quick look at his surroundings, Abbacchio grumbled and sat up slowly, cradling his injured arm. Glad to have the pressure on my legs relieved, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Abbacchio froze, slowly turning around to see me sitting there. Putting two and two together, Abbacchio realized what he had been laying on and gave me a long look.

"Yeah, don't worry, I won't tell anybody," I promised, getting a relieved look from Abbacchio. Bruno seemed to think the whole thing was amusing, chuckling softly. Giving Abbacchio a playful smile, I winked at him, "Only if you return the favor though."

Abbacchio shook his head and sighed, "... whatever."

~*~

"Hey, Narancia," Abbacchio's voice broke the silence of the latest road trip, "Could you lemme have a look at that key again?"

Narancia, who had been tasked with holding the key and not dropping it, gave Abbacchio a quick glance before shrugging and letting his eyes fall half lidded, "Sure. Here, Abbacchio."

"NO WAIT! DON'T-" The key hit Abbacchio right on the zipper connecting his hand and wrist, "AAAUGH FUCK! THROW IT- Is what I was gonna say! You fucking...! I know Bucciarati stuck my hand back on with a zipper, but still... goddamn!"

"Giorno, keep your eyes on the road," Bruno's light scolding shook Giorno out of bearing witness to Abbacchio's witness, Giorno using his amazing skills as a driver to swerve around a car we might have bashed into.

"What a big baby," Narancia taunted, "If you're feeling pain, that means its healing, right? Isn't that something you should be happy about? In 1990 some guy got into a car crash and got his arm lopped off, but the medics took care of him and put it back on, and he was fine. So Abbacchio'll get better, right Bucciarati?"

"I heard his arm got shorter though," Bruno's comment did not help. Thinking about Abbacchio with one slightly shorter arm made me snicker quietly, half wanting to see it and half wanting Abbacchio's arms to be the same length.

"You son of a bitch... it got cut off half an hour ago, it doesn't matter if its healing, it still hurts like hell! Goddammit," Abbacchio seethed, still hunched over in his seat. Once he was doing slightly better, Abbacchio raised the key up above his head and got a good look at it, "Really thought it'd be the key to a helicopter though. Will we be safe riding a train with this? Going to the station's gonna be tough."

My phone buzzed in my pocket with the confirmation of the location I had given out, some dumb argument probably starting up. Abbacchio sighed, lowering the key so it was near his chest, "This cryptic ass message doesn't tell us anything though. How are we supposed to know what to look for at the train station's drinking fountain."

"I'm gonna say something with a keyhole," I chimed in, earning a glare from Abbacchio that conveyed many emotions such as 'don't be smart' and 'stop talking'.