11- Business Proposition

Stuck inside because of the rain, I took up position sitting in the windowsill, leaning my head on my knee and watching the rain fall. Tempted to open the window, the only reason I didn't was because of Bruno politely asking me to keep it closed for the sake of not getting the floor wet. Agreeing without any fight, I decided that if I wanted to chill out in the rain, I would just go outside.

Having chosen a comfy hoodie I had in my backpack, I was grateful for the warmth it provided, the chill from the rainy weather seeping through the window. Not wanting to get up and get a book or something, I turned slightly when I heard footsteps approaching. Watching Abbacchio set his first glass of wine on the table, I leaned my face into my knee idly.

"Hey, isn't a bit early...?" I asked, letting my eyes fall half-lidded. Abbacchio huffed, keeping his eyes off of me.

"Fuck off," Abbacchio grumbled, pouring his first glass of the day, "I'll do what I want."

"Yeah, I'm just sayin'... you ever change it up a bit? I only see you drinking red wine, I've seen you drink white wine, like, once." I attempted to make it seem more like I was concerned with his choice in drinking only red wine, rather than his excessive drinking all day. Abbacchio huffed.

"I prefer to save the good stuff for the right occasion."

Getting off the windowsill, I stood up and shoved my hands into my pockets, "Yeah, whatever man. You want me to pick you something up? It's getting to be around that time and I've still got cash to blow, so I don't mind."

Abbacchio considered my offer for a moment, then shrugged, "I wouldn't say no if you got me some tiramisu. You have an umbrella?"

"Nah, I got a hood though." Flipping up my hood for proof, I noticed Abbacchio's eyes trail down my body, landing on my choice of pants.

"... you're going to wear pajama pants outside in the rain?" He commented dryly, then huffed again, "Maybe I should get out my special bottles, seeing you soaked and caked in mud wearing that is enough of an occasion to celebrate."

Laughing softly at that comment, I found that it bothered me significantly less than his snide remarks usually did.

"Alright, chief, I'll see you in a bit. If I get your order wrong it's on you 'cause you're not present." Heading upstairs to my room to put on actual pants.

Sliding down the railing once I was ready to go, I stepped out the door and closed it with my foot. Pulling my hood up, I sighed at the sound of the rain falling peacefully.

Wandering down to the closest cafe that I knew was worth a visit, I hesitated on kicking around any rocks for the sake of not slipping and making a fool of myself. Feeling eyes burn into my back, I looked back to see Abbacchio watching me in the same way an evil stepmother watches the princess she just exiled into a wasteland.

Holding off on messing with him, I did a smooth little spin on my heels and began making my merry way down. Tempted to whistle a tune, I held off for the sake of not pissing off any of the various people, occasionally peeking down at my phone's map to see where I was going. Getting a strange feeling, I slowed down for a moment and stopped in my tracks, hearing the rain come down around me. Feeling like something was following me, I frowned lightly and decided to ignore the feeling for a while. If it stayed for too long, then I'd start taking weird detours.

It quickly became obvious that my mysterious follower wasn't going to leave me alone, so I sighed and took a sudden sharp turn into an alleyway. Calling out my Stand quickly to pull myself over a wall, I stuck my hands in my pockets and hoped that would be the end of that. Sighing in relief after a few moments of realizing that there were no longer eyes on me, I continued walking around aimlessly before finally going back on course to make sure I was no longer being followed.