33 || Banana

Edited

Song- Måneskin - I wanna be your slave (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Alessio

A half empty glass of rum and a headache is all I have as I lean back into the sofa and click through the pictures and videos on the laptop.

Pictures and videos of Laura from a few months ago. Most of them are regular surveillance videos of her doing errands, walking about, nothing new.

But there was a slight change. Three days before she went missing, one singular black car began to appear in the surveillance videos.

A blacked out Camaro with New York plates.

I don't know if Laura was aware that she was being watched but the car was always in the corner of the frame, hiding from obvious sight.

But this entire debacle was strictly for my eyes only. Giving my men any lead into who was to blame would only end up making things worse. They were far too emotionally invested, and when my men were emotional, they grew violent and didn't think things through.

I wasn't confident that any of them wouldn't lash out and act on emotionally driven impulses.

She was family, considered a sister to may of my men.

Then there was Marco.

He was the strongest, most rational and loyal of all my men. But there was one key factor stopping me from getting him involved and it had everything to do with his involvement with Laura.

He'd fallen in love with Laura.

And I wasn't certain until her death, where he'd dissipated for two entire weeks, only returning when Giana had come into the manor.

He never talked about it, nor showed any emotion, and I didn't dare ask. A part of me is still shocked that someone as closed off as Marco could fall victim to the notion of love. But I guess everyone was fair game now.

All this means for me however, is that I'm left to dig through hundreds of hours of surveillance to get a solid lead.

That's what my day had consisted of. It's been so long that I'd shifted from my desk, to the sofa, in desperate need for a change in scenery.

From this spot I didn't get to see a lot of my office. The couch was positioned facing away from the door, but the large mirror on the wall in front of me gave me a view of the entire space behind me.

Rubbing at my eyes tiredly, I push the laptop aside and stare at my reflection as I loosen my tie.

I wasn't always like this. I use to have fun, go out and do things for myself.

But that was before I'd kept myself up to work on all the shit I had on my plate, before I needed to please Arnold and convince him Greta and I were a good match.

But according to her, her father still wasn't convinced.

I thought our arrangement would be easy. We entertain the idea of us as a couple to please Arnold. We both got something out of it.