38 || Dangerous Woman

Song: Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman (slowed+ reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚

Arturo Moretti was thirty years old when he first laid eyes on her.

Laura was everything he was looking for and more.

Dark silky hair, perfectly unblemished skin, and then there were her eyes. A striking blue, so rich and deep that they seemed to be endless pools of sapphire.

And at fourteen she was already so beautiful.

Much to beautiful to be living on the streets of São Paulo, Brazil with nothing but the pathetic excuse of a man she called her father.

It was truly fate that had brought them together and he knew he couldn't pass her up.

She was the key to securing his success.

You see, men like Arturo were ambitious, they were hard working yet misunderstood.

A man like Arturo was perfect to rule alongside  Riccardo Galanti in his mafia.

But it had seemed that Riccardo, the new Don had other plans. To Riccardo, Arturo was too much of a shark, one that was dangerous and unstable.

Unlike his father - the previous Don, Riccardo was too focused on building strong relationships and loyalties, things that Arturo disagreed with.

Things that wouldn't get them to the top.

And Arturo could do nothing but watch in horror as Riccardo ruined everything they had built, business wasn't about loyalty. It was about greed and hunger.

The hunger that was never satisfied until they got to the top.

But then a miracle happened and Arturo was given the chance to get back what was rightfully his. A spot in the mafia, one high enough in the ranks to give him the power he craved.

Riccardo and his wife Maria were cursed. Maria had been pregnant fifteen times and only once did she end up giving birth.

Yet even after the birth of their only child - a son, they didn't give up trying.

It wasn't until Maria had nearly killed herself that Arturo had realized just how much not having another child had affected the Galanti family.

What they needed was a break. A miracle. A gift. One that would make them forever in debt to the bearer.

And so Laura was saved and taken to her new home. Her new home where she was showered in expensive gifts, treasures, wines and the finest silks.

But she was still reluctant to the idea.

"A child is a gift from God that needs to be cherished and shouldn't be valued as any less than priceless." She would say, her kind eyes sparking up at him with so much hope and belief.

But Arturo was persistent, Riccardo would never accept if he knew Laura was forced in any way. "Did God give you these silks? These treasures? These gifts?"

Laura's chubby cheeks would flush, "Well- no."

"Exactly, he gave you a bastard of a father, a dead mother and a shoebox as a house!" And then Arturo would watch her head drop in shame and embarrassment.