S2: Ep 14 - Darkness Shall Rise

The Falcon flies through Ninjago City and lands on a street sign, leading to where the ninja are rebuilding the town. Jay and Cole steady the street sign.

Cole wipes the sweat off his forehead, "Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free."

Kai tries to use fire but fails, "Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating."

The street sign tips over, causing Cole, (Y/n), and Jay to catch it, "Aah!" And held it in place.

Kai continues, "Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but..." He grunts as he tries to use his fire again, but the only flame coming out was from Zane's blowtorch. "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep."

With the sign now stable, Zane turns to him, "No one ever said being a hero is easy." He takes off his welding mask. "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." Kai grumbles.

(Y/n) shrugs as he leans against the sign, "Eh, you get used to it."

Jay picks up a broken TV and makes his way over to the trashcan, "Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community."

He drops the TV into the trashcan and dusts off his hands, "Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help."

Nya arrives on a motorbike with Wu in the sidecar, "And I have. I may have found us a place to live."

Jay was taken by surprise, "Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?"

Nya smirks in triumph, "I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift." She hands him a pamphlet.

"And where are you off to?" Jay asks.

Wu answers instead, "We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!"

Nya squeezes the clutch lever before firmly nodding, "Ay ay, Sensei."

"Yee-haw!"

And there they go, riding to their destination.

Jay reads the pamphlet, "'Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen.' Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd."

(Y/n) peers over Jay's shoulder, trying to get a closer look at the pamphlet but can't. He huffs before tugging at Jay's gi, giving him the message that he wants to hold it and read it. Jay hands it over to him. (Y/n) grins as he skims through it.

Cole nods in agreement, "Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large."

                              ------

Patty Keys is showing the ninja a worn-down apartment.

Patty opens the door to a shabby room with the Ninja overlooking her shoulder, "This one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach? Now, wait until you see the lighting."

She turns on the light, but the bulb flickers, burns out, and falls to the ground, "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? Heh." She walks over to the window blinds to open them, but the view was actually a brick wall.