Ep 42 - The Day of the Dragon

You fly back to Ninjago alongside the Elemental Masters. You glanced at your duffel bag, hanging on your shoulder and resting on your side, and patted it for security. While the rest of the Masters weren't fast learners and took their time to summon their dragons, you took the chance to pack up your stuff from the basement of Chen's temple. Sure, all the prisoners got theirs, but you decided to get yours last out of paranoia. Luckily, your paranoia got the better of you since your personal belongings were safe and sound.

You return your gaze straight ahead, viewing the horizon. You remember your beginnings as a ninja. You glance at the Masters flying alongside you. The memory of the original three replaced them before fading away. You smiled at the memory. It was nice having your own dragon. But you still have that longing to fly with Cole and Rocky. You missed flying with them. You stared at the sky, taking in the cool air touching your skin. You close your eyes, breathing steadily at the memory of your first flight with your team. It's surprising how your team grew. You usually don't like changes, as most of them end up horrible. But this change was good. The corner of your lip twitches upward.

This calming feeling was soon debunked by Lloyd, who forced you back to reality, leaving the past behind.

"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us. Be prepared for anything and everything."

You blink. You look ahead and squint your eyes. Far in the distance, you see New Ninjago City as the sun sets.

Kai pulled his dragon next to Lloyd. "How did we lose so much time?"

"You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind," Dareth spoke as he rode with Zane.

"And we're not all quick learners. Mastering your fear to create Power Dragons takes time." Jay explain.

"Well, we're running out of that," Nya shouts over his shoulder. "There's Ninjago City. Hurry."

The mainland appears on the horizon.

Griffin grin. "Hurry's my middle name. Hyah!" He dives his dragon before pulling the reins as he approaches the sea's surface. His dragon then glides against the ocean, the wind blowing against its wings, and heads for Ninjago City.

"Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one." Lloyd's speech ends.

"Let's do this!" Jay hollered.

Everyone battle cries and imitates what Griffin did to help their dragons gain speed.

They flew through the city, passing through blocks, circling the skylines, and flying over the city. The citizens are in awe at the majestic beasts that passed through their city, mesmerized by the glistening scales and trails the dragons each left behind.

The Elemental Masters land on buildings and scatter throughout the city to find any traces of the enemy. But to their surprise, no purple snakes covered the streets or terrorized the citizens. There were no screams or destruction in the city. These discoveries were strange to you and everyone else because the city was at peace. It was a good thing, but knowing Chen, the snakes in a jar were yet to be unleashed.

You continue to survey the streets and buildings. It was too quiet for your liking. You felt anxiety loom on your shoulders. The pit of your stomach is churning. Many scenarios ran through your head on what the attack on Ninjago City could look like, and none of them were pretty.

A blood-curdling scream filled the air, alerting everyone. Panic coursed through the streets of Maplewood.

You flew your dragon in the direction of the screams, only to find civilians scattering away from Kai and Skylor's dragon. Your brows curled in confusion as you look up at the sky. Hold on, is Skylor the first Anacondrai they saw?