Ep 26 - Rise of the Spinjitzu Master

Dr. Julien finishes bandaging Lloyd's leg.

Lloyd looks crestfallen at his leg before looking up at the doctor, "Can I still fight?"

Dr. Julian studies his leg, "Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal."

"We don't have weeks." Lloyd groans when Dr. Julien touches his foot to check on it again.

The rest of the team were on the edge of the shore, looking on the horizon to see a dark cloud engulfing Ninjago. Wu broke the silence, "The battle between good and evil will be decided today."

"And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island." Kai throws a rock in frustration.

Jay frowns, "Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again."

"Or anyone for that matter." (Y/n) then skips a rock on the water.

Zane puts a hand on the blue ninja's shoulder, "Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now."

Lloyd walks over to them with the help of Dr. Julien, "But I don't remember my father any other way."

Misako looks at her son, "Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him."

Kai takes a step forward, "Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?"

(Y/n) picks up another rock and throws it up in the air a couple of times, "Well sometimes prophecies can take years to finish or they just, don't happen." He spoke quietly for that last part. "Let's hope neither of those is the case."

Cole looks up at Wu for any clarification, hoping what (Y/n) said wouldn't be true, "Sensei?"

Wu hesitated, unsure of what to say, "I...don't know."

Jay was flabbergast, "Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!"

"There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something." Kai confound. 

Wu sighed, "For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won."

They all stare in silence at the clouds that have engulfed their home before (Y/n) spoke up, "We can't give up now, people's lives are at stake."

Lloyd sucked in a breath and turned to them, "(Y/n)'s right and if Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good." He then groans when he accidentally applied pressure on his leg when he went to walk in front of them. "When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit."

Kai firmly nodded, inspired by the Green Ninja's words, "He's right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it." He starts wading in the ocean.

(Y/n) snorted lightly, "Kai wait, you're gonna drown from over-exhaustion. Let's think smart about this."

Jay frowns and looks in between the team, "The entire ocean? But I didn't bring my floaties."