The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: The Clock is Ticking

You rest your head on your knee and let out a huff. The warm air bounces off and onto your hand.

In a last-minute attempt to hide from some guards, you had jumped into a metal barrel. It's so narrow that your arms press against the sides. Initially, you hold your breath in hopes of making less noise but after a minute you give up. Your shoulders tense. Your legs tuck into your chest, one ankle crossed over the other. Your arms wrap around your body and grip for dear life, it seems. The position itself isn't that awkward, but it's enough to make you uncomfortable after a while. You glare at the metal as if it offended you and your whole lineage.

You could've been brainstorming other ideas for everyone to get out. But no, you didn't. You couldn't focus. You were cramped, exhausted, uncomfortable, in pain, irritated... You'd been waiting in here for a good half hour at least. It's dark, you almost can't see anything, your body was in more pain from being squished, the guards are just standing there, time is being wasted, and hearing their stupid, annoying little voices the whole time is the cherry on top. You quietly grumble profanities, wishing them a terrible life. Your eyes keep darting upwards to double-check if they can see you.

You clench your jaw and grunt lowly. Holy shit, why won't you fucking leave—

"All clear."

The second you can't hear their footsteps, you immediately emerge from the barrel. "Finally!"

You roll your shoulders and rub your neck. You start performing any stretches that came into mind to release the tension in your muscles and wake them up. Hearing that satisfying pop made you sigh in pleasure. Your skin most likely shafted against the metal through your clothes, but you didn't take it seriously. You just wanted rest. You look to the side to see the others and spot Cole, covered in flour from head to toe. You let out a snort, putting a hand over your mouth. You hold your stomach and lean over a little. Your mouth is pressed closed so you exhale through your nose, but a few quiet giggles escape. He seems to notice and glances toward you. Your eyes widen and you swiftly turn your head, straightening your posture. You place your arms at your sides awkwardly. Your lips press into a thin line. You still see him looking at you in the corner of your eye. After a few seconds, you stuff your hands in your pockets and start whistling to distract yourself, shifting your weight on your feet.

Seeing your reaction, Cole quickly looks down and flushes in embarrassment. Great! This is the second time you've seen him all powdered up in flour. How can he be taken seriously? He grumbles to himself, glaring at the nearby wall as he tries to dust it off. Zane tries to comfort him by giving him comforting words, but 'accidentally' teases him.

A tight smile broke on your face from what you overheard from Zane. Sucking in a deep breath to refrain from laughing, you heave yourself out of the barrel. Cole fumes as an amused Zane and Pixal watch. Seconds later, they follow your action.

You stretch out your legs as the factory's crew walks over to where you three reside. Your position was in a blindspot of the factory, hidden behind mountains of crates. The perfect spot to get overlooked, if you say so yourself.

Once everyone is here, the fun begins.

"Okay, so going back to the plan on getting us all out of here," you explain with folded arms. Zane then projects a visual of the network of sewers. You continue, "Tackling the labyrinth is not an option due to the risk of some of us getting lost. So we'll be taking the sewers. Zane here analyzed the sewer network."

Karlof's face morphs into a state of disgust. "Sewer network? Isn't that stinky?"

Cole shot him a look of annoyance. "Hey, I'd blast my way out of here if I could, but all of our powers are gone."