Ep 18 - Child's Play

"Come on. You're in. Ha, you can't catch me." A kid in a red shirt taunted his friends from the other team as he runs away from them with the soccer ball before being piled on by the two of them, losing the ball.

A kid in a green sweatshirt perked up upon seeing the ball alone, "Oh. Here I go." He then kicks the ball over his friends. 

"Whoa." The kid in the red shirt said in awe as he follows the ball with his eyes. 

A kid in a blue shirt with a soccer ball on it nods his head, "Oh, yeah. Good one." 

The goalie standing at the wall tries to grab the ball by diving for it but misses it by mere seconds and the ball hits the wall. Some of the kids cheer while the others look on in defeat as the Destiny's Bounty, repainted to its original state, flies by. On deck, Lloyd was looking over the railings and watches the kids playing another match below before sighing gloomily with a frown.

"Lloyd? Lloyd! Concentrate!" Kai's voice snaps him out of his thinking, causing him to just look at him.

Now with Lloyd's attention on them, Zane spoke up, "Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time." He gave an encouraging smile. 

"Oh, but we've been training all day." Lloyd whined.

(Y/n) frowns when he recalls all the training that occurred today for Lloyd. He then turns to the team, hoping that they agree with him, "He has a point. It wouldn't hurt to give him a break. He's still a kid, he should enjoy things while he still can."

Cole just shakes his head, "It's all to get him ready to face his father. We don't know when Garmadon will strike."

(Y/n) deadpans at Cole before turning to the others for their opinions, "Guys?"

Kai rubs his nape, "Cole does have a point. And it doesn't help with that Mega Weapon of Garmadon's either."

"But then again we can't overwork Lloyd, it's not healthy. Childhood is precious from what I learned." Zane counters.

(Y/n) huffs with his arms crossed, "It's two against two, we need a tie-breaker." They all turn to Jay. 

Jay begins to sweat under their gazes. He then turns to the kid, "This can be the last training for today. Now, get in position."

Lloyd sighs, along with (Y/n), as he comes up to the middle of the deck as the ninja put their hoods on and yawns before posing as they did so as well. Lloyd lets out a tiring sigh, "Whatever."

Kai charges at Lloyd first, but he punches him, knocking him back and yawns again. Zane and Jay soon come at him from the air.

"Ninja, go!" Lloyd does Spinjitzu, knocking them both down.

As Lloyd lands, Cole comes up from behind and slide kicks him, knocking him into the air. As he spins in the air, (Y/n) leaps into the air and brings his leg down on Lloyd, sending him down. Lloyd lands facedown as the others take off their hoods in concern as they walk towards him. 

Lloyd groans before quickly looking up and eager to be done for the day, "That was fun. Are we done?"

Jay sighs, "Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?"

Lloyd gets up, hesitant to get it off his chest and fearing that they would say no, "Well...The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donogan was surrounded by the imperial sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday."