Ep 43 - The Greatest Fear of All

Midway through tailing the enemy, the ninja received an emergency call from Nya, making them reluctantly give up the chase. Knowing the severity of the situation, the ninja dropped their mission immediately and made haste back to Nya's location.

"We got here as fast as we could."

Nya pulls up a map of Ninjago: a huge red coordinate point and a line of blue nearing it are projected. "Twenty noodle trucks have been spotted heading toward Ninjago City, just fifty clicks away."

"Let me guess, they ain't hauling noodles," Cole said as he looked between the team.

"Twenty trucks could hold two hundred Anacondrai. If they get to the city before we do, the city will be theirs." Zane avers.

Garmadon stared at the screen. "And they'll have achieved the pivotal first foothold in the war."

"We have to stop them!" Lloyd exclaims.

"I've already warned the others to head them off at the pass. They should be able to hold the line until you offer support. I had them equip themselves so we could communicate." Nya explains before Shade appears on the screen.

"We're in position. If they show up, we'll be sure to put up a fight."

"They're coming to your location soon."

"I see them. Let's show them what we're made of."

On-screen, the team witnessed the Masters summon their dragons and charge forward before abruptly stopping. Shade's smug face morphs into confusion. "The trucks. They're going every which way."

Jay stepped forward in disbelief, "What do you mean? Aren't they going to Ninjago City?"

"I don't know where they're going, but they ain't going together."

Misako waves everyone to a table. There, a digital map is laid out. She quickly selects multiple coordinates surrounding the red point. "There are over twelve densely populated villages within a ten-click radius."

Kai's eyes widen. "They aren't planning to launch one attack; they're planning multiple."

"What do we do? You told us to stay together."

Garmadon clenches his fist. He looks at the ninja, "Chen knows you can't take you all on at once. He's trying to split you up."

You stare at the map in front of you. You carefully examine the map, looking for a way to cut them off, but a sudden realization dawns on you about Chen's habits. Lloyd had previously informed you of new information he had learned from his father about the Serpentine War, which occurred 40 years ago. Chen was the cause of it, fooling both sides into turning against each other. He manipulates the war for his own gain, playing both sides like a game of chess. Chen's foul play puts you on edge, as he is unpredictable. Your stomach churns, and hearing your heart beat in your ears tunes you out of your own head and into your internal monologue. You struggle to decipher Chen's true plan and have a gut feeling about Chen's alleged plan and splitting up, not because Chen is trying to split you guys up but because that is his true intention, if that makes sense. The noodle trucks are most likely a diversion for Chen to strike Ninjago. If anything, there's nothing in those trucks, but the fear of relying on a simple hunch and being wrong prevents you from speaking up. You would be putting the mission at stake.

Ugh. Villains like Chen are always a pain.

You held your tongue back and kept quiet.

"But even if just one of those trucks makes it to a village, the people won't be able to defend themselves." Misako claim.