The Adventures of (Y/n) and the Noodle Factory: Discord

Everything is dark and quiet. Again. The silence is the loudest thing. It echoes off the walls. It fills your ears, screeching, piercing. But somehow it's consoling. Relaxing, even. Because it distracts you from the pain.

Your face presses against the rough stone floor. The surface is a good substitute for an ice pack. It's a decent remedy for your pounding headache. It honestly doesn't do much. But at this point, you'd take anything to dull your hurting, even by a little. You exhale deeply. You feel your breath hit and bounce off the floor and the side of your lips. It's warm, you notice. The thought hurts. Thinking in general hurts, really. It pounds and throbs in your head. Everything in your mind is fuzzy. It's buzzing and staticky. Your muscles scream in agony. You've been waiting for ages for the sensation to dull out, but it still hasn't. You feel every bruise, every sore, every gash, tear, sprain, fracture, burn—just everything.

Not a good combination.

You try to move your arm but wince at the sudden sharp pang in your shoulder. You intake a shaky breath through clenched teeth. You hesitate, then slowly move your elbows to cover your ears. You clench your head in an attempt to immobilize the pain. You curl into a ball and shift in discomfort.

You inhale again and try to apply more pressure. Fuck! Okay, this is fine. I'm fine. I've experienced worse, this is child's play. You chuckle awkwardly, regretting it moments later. The slight vibration creates an ache in your chest. All right, so maybe it's not 'child's play.' But this still isn't that bad... Not yet at least.

You think back to your little talk with Clouse, laughing a little. Doing that hurts, but you ignore it this time.

May magic be added to the list of traumas. I thought he would give up but, man, is he persistent. I really thought that I could take it, huh? Embarrassing. I already knew what to expect. But I was too confident. Too naive. You sigh.

Why am I like this?

You decide to lie on your back and spread your arms. You move gradually, slowly unfolding out of your position. Everything hurt. You figured. It was stupid of you to keep moving so much, you thought. But you had to at least try and ignore it. You try to steady your breathing to clear your mind but the pounding in your head doesn't stop. You chuckle. Then you jolt in pain when you feel a piercing sensation in your side. I never learn, huh?

Should I lie to give him what he wants?.... Let's do that. It's not like he's gonna know. I could use their names since they're already dead. Ooh, what a heartless thought.

Suddenly, a bright light blinds you. Everything is white. It burns your eyes. You feel the warmth kiss your skin. You immediately shut your eyes in response. A few moments later you begin to blink rapidly, letting your vision adjust.

Oh for fuck's sake.

---

You limp to an eggroll station. Each step you take gets progressively heavier. Each movement you make is stiff and hesitant. Once you reach the station, you sigh in relief. You lean on the conveyor belt for support. You drop your head, slightly hunching forward, and clench your fists. You try focussing on the cold metal touching your palms. You let out several pants, each varying in deepness. No one seems to notice your state of agony. Great.

You sort the tangibles: Bad. Bad. Good. Bad. Good. Good. Good. Small jolts of pain ripple through your body here and there. It's a little tolerable, at least. Or maybe your body is getting used to it. You can't tell. Good. Bad. Bad. Bad. Good. Close enough. Bad. Feeling bored, you stop working and take a moment to survey the rest of the factory. There are only a few workers today.