Chapter 11

Victoria

"The Forsaken is guarding the Priestess' supply caches. They will be merciless and fierce. But, if we all stick to the plan, then I know everything will go fine. Keep your guard up, and eyes open out there," Pandora said.

Her voice rang out with such confidence as she made eye contact with the room. Many are still shocked over her new appearance, but no one I could find has any ill will towards her well-being. Of course, that could change; this has to go well. The door creaked closed as Adam slipped into his seat.

"I think if we keep our pants up, we should be fine," Adam said from the back.

I glared in his direction.

"Is there something you would like to say," she asked.

"Forsaken women look like normal humans before their Awakening and after they receive those creepy eyes. None of the other women are known to have horns, yet you do. So how do we know that we can trust you now," he said.

Asshole. Let me guess you want to be captain.

Her face remained calm and assertive. She sat on the edge of his desk, "What are you here for?"

He leaned back in his seat, "To rid us of the Priestess; revenge for my family."

She leaned in, "I want to live without restrictions. What have you sacrificed for the cause?"

His jaw tensed up as he began to drum his fingers.

"I've sacrificed everything," she said.

"What useful information have you gathered," she continued, "Through my sacrifices, I've found the match that will spark our success. This is not the time to fight amongst ourselves. We are too close to our goal. My appearance is nothing, but a trial on our hard road ahead. I believe that one day after we rid ourselves of this governmental disease, it will be a plus on a greater conquest."

She stood to reveal a paper.

"To find our taken comrades, family, friends and... to expand our influence. I ask for you all to lend me your power and not lose faith in the oath we took so long ago. Tonight we set the final pieces in place. We cannot falter now. Let's continue on this path, to the last."

Many stand to applaud, but a few including Adam stay seated. Pandora made her way towards me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder, "Meet me later, there's a special position I have for you if you're interested."

My heart skipped a beat. Her vibrant pink eyes remind me of the finest jews.

"S-sure," I said trying to catch my breath. She smiled and squeezed my shoulder before walking off.

************

Pandora

"I have eyes on the front. Two. I'll give the signal."

"We're ready." Vicky's cheerful voice echoed in the headset.

A thin smile spread across my face. We're finally about to reach our secondary objective to rid our clan of its governmental virus. Elijah placed a special item at each of the locations at my request. It'll all be decided tonight. Soon we will be free.

The chilly air caressed my skin; crunching gravel broke me from my trance. I pressed in close to the tree as the masked guards walked under me. My heart began to race, and my breathing picked up. Then, in one swift moment, I leap down. Like a whisper, it's faint as my knives sink into their backs. Elijah was right, these give me a better reach. I hope the transmitter in the handle is as reliable.

I pushed them over with my foot and squatted down. The man on the left was clinging tight, but his glowing canary eyes soon went dark. I dragged their hefty bodies into the bushes. The red paints the grass, giving each blade its own unique look.

I work at a feverish pace to remove the uniform, "Clear. Let's move before the next shift starts. You all know your positions," I said.

I dressed in a uniform and headed towards the building. I approached the first checkpoint and only spotted one unit guarding it.

Thank the stars that they use masks.

I stopped to scan the badge I lifted and punch in the code we retrieved. A loud buzzer sounds and the machine lit up red. I tried again, the same response.

"Hey, Dickhead! You forget your code again? "

Fuck. Fuck. They must have changed the codes.

I raise my hands with my palms facing upward. He sighed and walked over.

"Cairo, will not be pleased. You have no problem remembering every cunt that your cock has speared. You'll never move up the ranks that way."

I moved over so that he could access the pad, but he stops and leans in to examine me. "Did your women suck you dry enough to shrink? You look fucking shorter than what I remember."

My heart slams against my chest. I avert my gaze. Dickhead's eye color wasn't pink. The guy was short, but he was a few inches taller than me. I stuck out my arm to keep the distance then I raised my middle finger at him.

He stood there for a few seconds, then he said in a dark tone, "Hey!"

Shit.

I start to slowly reach for a blade with my opposite hand.

"Look who grew some balls!" he and the other men burst into laughter.

He slapped my shoulder, "I'm just fucking with ya, no need to get all broody."

He opened the way for me; I breathe in relief. I continued through the next set of doors and sprinted my way to the vault avoiding anyone else.

"I made it in. Is everyone in position?"

Static.

"Respond. Is everyone in position?"

"We are a go," Vicky's voice comes through.

"After the security is cut, we won't have a lot of time so, don't be late with our ride," I said as I prepared the straps to tie up the cargo.

I located the device in the corner by the door.

"Got it, on your mark," she said as I opened the loading doors.

"3....2...Now," the vault doors spring open with a blaring alarm. I dashed in, but I stopped dead in my tracks from intense pressure.

"About time you showed up, Shadow," a deep voice echoed from within the dark vault, then six pairs of glowing eyes illuminated the room.