Chapter 24

Pandora

Every day I listened to the radio and watched the T.V. for news, any news about my group. Were there any survivors? Was Vicky okay? I didn't want to believe that she or any of them were gone. Then again, I didn't want to believe that some of them betrayed me, but they did. Either the Priestess has learned something from our threat, or she's going to make a big spectacle of those caught. That alone made me nervous.

"What are you watching," Ares asked, closing the front door.

"Nothing," I said, turning the screen off.

"You should be getting for tonight. We're hosting a few friends," he said, sitting next to her.

"I thought you've already paraded me around. I can just sit quietly in the room."

"That's how I would prefer it, but no. So, get ready. There are some clothes you can pick from in the closet," he said, leaning his head back.

I contemplated whether or not I would do it. The last few months after the punishment and claiming have been quiet. None of them bothered me. I got to train like I wanted even learned more about Forsaken culture. Though I wished I didn't at times, it was so ass-backward here. Women were essentially second-class citizens here, even if it was some steps up from the Eastern Clan.

A wave of vibrations hit me; the heat made my belly swirl. Peeking out the corner of my eye, Ares was still in his same position, eyes closed. Casimir was asleep. Ares sighed before cracking an eye open.

"I don't like repeating myself," he said.

"Then don't," I said.

He smiled, and it brought back memories of the punishment. It was unnerving how similar and different he was to Sebastian. They both enjoyed giving pain, but Ares' reasons for doing it escaped me, and how he did it was extremely different. One experience haunted my nightmares, while the other haunted my dreams. I'm so fucked up in the head. My heart started to take off.

"That's interesting," Ares said, giving his full attention, "I'll give you to the count of ten."

"Or what," I said, getting comfortable on the couch.

"Or you're going to be very sore for tonight," his voice took on a husky tone.

The same wave of vibrations came back in full force. It was blazing hot and not in a bad way. His eyes were bright and excited, almost like he's hoping for me to deny his request. A part of me wants to for many reasons. For pride and other reasons that I would die before uttering out loud.

"7."

Seven? When did he start counting? His smile widened as he stood, taking his jacket off.

"8,9."

I'm on my feet and hightailing it out of there.

"10."

His feet are loud behind me, and I don't dare look back. Ares' vibrations broke through the flood gates. It was a sea too deep and choppy for me to decipher. I make it to the room they gave me and slam the door tight. My breath comes rushing out. When did I stop breathing?

His laugh came through the door, "So, close. Next time."

***********

Casimir

The guests started to arrive some hours ago. It was hard to get any rest with Ares and Pandora playing around earlier. Their vibrations left me with a headache, the push and pull. Both of them and their mind games. If I want something, I want it without guilt and pursue it.

"Is this self-serve or what," Jake asked, pouring himself a drink.

I don't know why he asked if he was just going to do it anyway. Pandora was supposed to be out here handling the drinks and food. I even made sure that there wasn't anything in the kitchen harmful she could toss in.

"Where's Owen and Ares," Jake asked.

"Owen should be back any minute, and Ares is still getting ready."

More like still jacking off. Ares hasn't left his room since his game of tag with Pandora. Speaking of the demon, she emerged from her room. Yellow was a good color on her. I didn't pick that one, but whoever did, did a good job.

"You were supposed to be out here a long time ago," I said.

"I didn't know what to wear," she said, looking around.

"You look nice," I said.

Her anxious energy was seeping out; she fidgeted with the dress and went into the kitchen. Pandora didn't waste time making herself a drink. She snatched the bottle from Jake and pretty much shoved him out the way.

"I take mine with no ice," Jake said.

Pandora looked back then slid the bottle to him.

"Do I look like a fucking waitress?"

"I don't care as long as I get my drink," Jake said.

Well, shit. Starting early, aren't we? At this rate, she's going to fail with flying colors. She takes the cup and pours him a drink. Most of it ended up on the counter.

"Enjoy, drink up," she smirked.

Jake took the cup and went to mingle with the rest of the guests.

"Be nicer to our guests and get them what they need," I said.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Have you forgotten? You're to make yourself useful to us, and this is what you will do," I said.

With an eye roll, "What can I get you," she asked.

"I'll have mine with ice," I said.

"Hey, are you going to show the execution," Jake asked, turning on the T.V.

Pandora glared in his direction, then at me. I haven't heard of anyone getting the ax. Not in this clan or any other. I took my cup and went over to the sitting area.

"Anyone we know," I asked.

"Not us. Maybe her," he said, nodding to Pandora, "She's from the Eastern Clan, right?"

"Who's getting executed," she asked.

"Traitors. They're getting off easy if you ask--"

An icy vibration crashed over the room, silencing any chatter. It was just like the day we had recaptured her. All of the sedatives are in the weapons' case in the back. Where are Ares and Owen?

"I don't think anyone asked you," Pandora said,