Chapter 15

Pandora

The helix ride was uneventful, with no chance to escape with three demigods watching my every move. We approached our destination, my birthplace. The land was divided almost as if nature was fighting the industrial desires of man. One side was covered in green, the homes and establishments built into trees, and a great tower that looked out of place. The other side was similar to other evolved clans, skyscrapers, roads, with its own great tower.

"Why are both sides different," I asked, looking out the window.

"Here, we retain our traditions despite the ever-growing world. Tourists and workers are not allowed into the sacred city unless invited by a resident. Inside they must obey all rules and punishments as if they were citizens. Some people have an issue with it, so--" Owen trailed off as he landed the helix.

Casimir stood and motioned his finger for me to stand. He placed cuffs on my hands and ankles before I could exit the craft.

There's a crowd gathered as we exit, just outside the sacred zone. The crowd cheered, and the demigods wave like war heroes returning home with a grand prize. Another man with similar horns to mine comes running towards us at full speed.

Out of breath, he said, "The Priest would like to see you all now."

"We just have to lock up--" Owen began.

"Her too."

"Let's not keep him waiting then," he said.

The guys exchanged glances as we rode the elevator up to the throne room. I needed to work out my own plan. Should I submit? Should I fight?

"Don't think about it too much; just submit," Ares said.

"The one guy mentioned something about being allowed to be a warrior. Is that an option with you guys," I asked, turning to face them.

"Is that something you truly want," Owen asked.

I nod.

"Then yes, but only if and when we agree you're ready and that we can trust you with our lives," he said.

"So, will you submit," he asked with a smug smile that angered me. A smile of a man that knows he has struck a deal. The doors pop open.

"Welcome back! I see you have recovered one of our clan's many treasures,"

A man said with large horns seated on a giant chair.

"We ran into a few complications, but nothing we couldn't handle," Owen said as they bend at the waist.

"Oh? What kind of complications," he asked, resting his face against two casual fingers.

"The revolution group didn't take to her true nature and tried to have her assassinated, but not before dismantling her empire," Owen said.

"I see. Come closer, girl," he said, but I don't move. His eyes narrow and his casual two fingers slowly retreat into a fist. A frightening smile glimmers on his face for a brief moment.

"It's to be expected since you were raised in another clan, but here women obey. Don't make his highness repeat himself," Owen's voice rumbled as he looked over his shoulder at me with a harsh glare. My heart begins to race, and intense pressure starts to radiate.

I stepped beside Owen at the foot of the throne chair. I can feel myself being overwhelmed by the Priest's energy. I started to sway.

"She's a wild one. It definitely will be a treat to train and indulge," he said.

"Make sure you deal with her energy control, or your team will have to fight many that will want to claim what it is yours."

"We will take care of that right away," Owen said.

"Dismissed," he said with a smirk.

Before the doors close, he calmly calls out, "We expect punishment for her past transgressions as well. A Tok will suffice."

We walked through the dirt road heading towards a large trunk tree. Lots of horned men talking amongst themselves with women wearing collars in tow, all with their glances lower. A horned male catches my gaze; he stops and smiles in my direction—a firm grip, on the top of my head, pushed it towards the ground.

"Eyes down," Ares said, releasing his grip.

"I can't look around," I asked.

"You may enjoy the architecture, but eye fucking anyone that's not us is out of the question," he said.

"So, Forsaken men only think with their cocks," I asked.

I feel a rough hand on the back of my neck.

"Shall I show you what I think about," Ares' hand gently trembled.

"Hold it for tonight. We have to prepare," Owen said, without turning around.

"What punishment did he mean? What's a Tok," I asked.

"It depends on you, submit, and it'll be pleasurable for all of us," Casimir said.

"Pleasurable? What am I submitting?"

My heart raced at my sudden curiosity.

"Everything, mind, body, and soul," Owen said, without breaking stride.

I know they're not talking about what I think they're talking about. Out of nowhere, my head gets hot.

I take a deep breath, my lips trembled, "What's a Tok?"

"It's one of the many ways we punish Forsaken women. A severe one, but you did seriously injured two of our people and could've started a war between the clans," Owen said.

"I've gathered that, but what happens," I asked.

"We each strap you then stake our claim over you in front of the whole clan. This will also fix your energy issue. You shouldn't get as dizzy," Owen said.

"Or murderous," Casimir mumbled.

"What part of that is supposed to be pleasurable? No," I said.

We approached the large tree and entered its sliding doors. Inside looked like any other high-end building but made of fog glass. It was breathtaking how the lights dance within the glass. We entered the elevator; it got halfway to our destination; Ares pressed the emergency stop button. The box stops abruptly, sending me to the floor.

"What are you doing," I asked, rubbing my side.

"Would you like to experience what you're in for," he asked.