Chapter 50

Pandora

The water splashed onto the floor as Cairo got out of the tub. It's showtime—a deal is a deal. I can't stomach another person suffering for me—dying for me, especially for a dream that might never come true.

"Stand," he said.

The air was still warm from the steam. It was sealed in by a fluffy towel wrapped around my body. A hand pressed into my lower back as I was herded into the bedroom and guided to the bed. He rummaged around, making containers and jars clink together. His heavy feet came back towards me.

"Do you moisturize," he asked.

"One of the small pleasures in life I enjoy," I said, holding out my hands.

"On a list of many, I'm sure. Lie back. I'll do it."

It took me a moment, but I slowly lay on my stomach. The bed dipped in a bit as he straddled my back. His hot hand stroked my shoulder then rolled the towel down to my ass, leaving just a bit of my hips exposed. A cool oil-like liquid dripped down my spine, making me jump a bit.

"I have the best hands in this continent," he whispered.

"Is that a line you tell all of the girls?"

"My father was offered a fortune to sell me to a pleasure house," he said.

"Not like he would've done it," I said.

His fingers pressed into the nape of my neck and spread across my shoulders. My breath hitched in my throat then my eyes fluttered closed. The pressure was firm with that delicate touch I'm starting to associate with him.

"The deal was set in place until he made a better one with Nastri. One that came with power and wealth."

Replaceable. Expendable. Pawns in a game too big for most to comprehend. That's something I'm familiar with.

"So, you don't want to go through with this?"

Cairo's hands massaged deeper and lower down my back. Damn, he hit a spot that made me groan. He kept attacking the area with the same ferocity he had that day in the vault. As an opponent, it's something to worry about. But like this, it's a thing to praise day and night.

"All of these knots," he murmured.

"Why, if you don't want to?"

"Who says I don't?"

"Why do you want to then?"

His magical fingertips stilled then tightened around my hips. The crackle of fire spoke for a while. He pressed his chest against me and dragged a rough touch along my thigh. That made me shiver from the contrast.

"Let's get through tonight first before we start spilling all of our secrets. Hm?"

My eyes peeled open as if I actually could see. I guess he hoped for a little slice of power and wealth of his own. My power, if I'm not mistaken. Warrior women, as they call it, hold a great deal of energy that needs to be released and can be shared with a partner. Essentially I'm a fucking battery for him.

He continued his task, but this time when he started was different. His hands pulsated, leaving everywhere he touched vibrating. Cairo gave a light sigh as his motions gained in vigor. He alternates between gentle and rough touches, leaving me in anticipation. My body began to tingle in that sweet way.

"That's the way," Cairo said, next to my ear.

He didn't let up and took the opening, leaving me breathless.

"Do you want to know why they offered so much for me," he asked.

I was afraid to know the answer as that tingling sensation made its home between my thighs. Cairo chuckled as he lay flushed with my backside. His hands didn't stop as they made their way to my belly. He pulled me closer and started to work out the knot that had recently gathered there. Light wet kisses peppered my neck, and my hand flew back, catching his face.