Chapter 1

Chapter name: Over The Moon
———————-
—————-
———

"You can't leave! My youngest daughter, you can't leave me now!"

Your father hugged you tightly; as if you'd vanish once he let go. "It's not like I want to leave, dad. I'd love to stay here and help my brother with his apple stand." You say and your father sniffled, "such a saint! You don't deserve to be pushed into that curse's tainted hands!" Your father stepped back and began grumbling incoherent words as he threw a fit. Chuckling at your fathers antics, you bent down and grabbed a bag of apples off of the dirt ground.

You were a regular village maiden in the village of LightLoft. It was quite large and had frequent visitors from other places for things such as wool, silk, and most importantly—

Apples.

As bizarre as it sounded, apples were quite high in demand when it came to consumer's needs and wants. Your brother's Apple stand was well-known, and he was able to afford most things for your family. "Here, let me get those."

You turned to face the familiar voice that spoke; for the voice belonged to your older brother. He pushed the purple curtain to the side as he stepped out of the wooden shack. Your brother—Ryou, seemed to still be upset. You passed the bag of apples over to your brother, "no need to be pouty. I'll be fine." You reassure but Ryou shook his head. "I won't be able to protect you. I'm watching my dear sister be sold off to a man who probably eats his wives or the women who're passed over to him!" Ryou placed the apples inside before stepping back out. "Oh, c'mon! I can protect myself!" You say with a cheeky grin as you pulled up your sleeve, raising your left arm as your right hand rested on it.

"Says the girl who tripped over a rock last night," a voice mumbled from afar and you along with your brother gazed to the side. Megumi walked over to you with his hands by his side. You've known him for a while, shoot, you could even consider him a childhood friend. "Least I wasn't the one choking on bread baked by a girl who was in love with you," you said with a smirk and Megumi's face went crimson red, "...we don't speak about that incident."

"Ah, haven't you meant the king of curses, Megumi?" Your older brother questioned as he stood next to you. Megumi—who didn't seem fond of the topic, spoke anyways. "Yeah. Only because I know his pure side."

"The king has a pure side?!" Your father yelled as he ran over to you guys, pushing your older brother's head down as he spoke once more, "are you serious?!"

"Get off of me, you lanky old man!"

"Hush boy," your father huffed before turning back to Megumi as your brother tried to pry your father's hand off. "I wouldn't say that," he began, "as I'm sure you've heard of the rumor. The king of curses as a pure side—some may call him a twin, others say it's the same person; but I've meant him before." Your father then latched himself onto you, "heavenly! Heavenly! My precious (Y/n) will be safe!"

"But Sukuna is still there. He's pretty brash, and every other women who was offered to him has never been seen again," Megumi added as he rained on your fathers parade.

"Boy, you do this to get a rise outta' me, huh?" Your father began to yell and argue with Megumi as he flailed his arms in the air: Megumi standing there awkwardly as he listened.

You watched Ryou try and ease the situation, and usually you'd be laughing and joining in. But you didn't feel like doing so. So much was on your mind. You told everyone you'd be okay—but it was a lie. It felt as if you were dangling from a cliff as others held onto your hands,

But they had let go,

And you were stuck falling into a depth of the unknown. Would you become a maiden who is never seen again? Or would you be forced to salve away your life to hardcore labor? Your [s/c] skin shinned in the sun's light, and suddenly Megumi placed a hand on your shoulder. Slightly startled, you looked over at him. "Don't worry. You'll be fine." Hearing those words that left his mouth made you want to scoff and turn away. Knowing that you couldn't hide your emotions from Megumi since he knew you too well, you gave in. "How are you so sure?" You questioned—as if asking—no, begging for an answer that could give you just an ounce of hope.

Megumi gazed at your facial expression; wondering how he'd comfort you. "Just...trust me." The words came out so earnestly that it shocked you. Wether he was telling the truth or not, those three words alone made you feel warm. "Awh, c'mere pretty eyelashes!" You say as you pulled him into a hug. As usual, he stiffened up and didn't move as he accepted your affection. "This situation has me over the moon," Your father sighed as he seemed stressed out. "I just hope the palace in which that damned curse king stays at is fit for my daughter."

Your father wanted you to run away from this village so you could be free, and wouldn't have to be forced against your will be to an offering. But if you weren't given to the king of curses, the village would no longer have protection from his along with other curses' wrath. But of course your family cared more about your safety than some village! Unfortunately, the villagers would grow angry after having their lives ripped apart and village ruined; so the survivors would probably pledge their life to end yours.

Every ten years, five names of females in the village are written down on thin paper. It's then presented to Ryōmen Sukuna—and he chooses a name. He just so happened to choose (Y/n) (L/n).

Every idea in the book to avoid going to his palace has been used; and they all failed miserably. Which is why there was no choice but for you to give in. "I won't be leaving until tomorrow. So let's spend some time together, Alright?" You say and your dad begins to tear up and your brother nodded, "I can go ahead and start up a stew. We may have little food, but I can create a quick buffet! How about Apple smoked meat?" Your brother hummed as he walked inside. "That's sounds amazing," you hummed with a smile as you grabbed Megumi and dragged him inside with you.

Your father then gazed up at the Japanese styled palace with red roofs that sat on the mountain top that was far from where he stood. The water fall and cherry blossoms made the place seem to wonderful, the red bridge adding a nice touch. "Who knew she'd go back there so soon," Your father frowned as he walked inside the shack as well

—————————————-
[behind the scenes!]

You hugged Megumi, and as usual, he stiffened up and didn't move as he accepted your affection.

"Is that bet still on?" Your brother whispered to your father.

"Which one?" Your father whispered back and Ryou blinked.

"The one where I bet one silver coin that they end up together." The brother said and the father grumbled," My daughter will belong to no man! She should enjoy her life without romance! The only guy she needs is her amazing father, which is me! Besides, the childhood friend never wins."

The brother smirked, "so the bet is still on?"

"Is your love life a disappointment?"

"...my love life is not a-" Ryou slowly stopped talking as his father gave him a look.

"...yes." Ryou admitted and the father gave a smug smile as he patted his son on the back, "well there's your nanswer."

——————

Tried out a new type of shit. Yk? "Behind the scenes" just seemed well to fit in poor comedy

Anyways, new book. Woo