Chapter 29

Chapter name: Feelings in the rift
———————-
————-
——-
—-

'My neck hurts'

You placed your hand on the back of your neck as you walked back to your room. The sun was setting and provided nice orange and pink swirls in the sky along with the deep blue. If you weren't in such a rush to change before Sukuna sees you, then maybe you would've sat down and admired the scenery. Ah- but that's when your mind began to think. Gojo seemed awfully suspicious. You chose to ignore what he said in the meantime but you couldn't help but rethink about it.

With a hand on the wooden door, you slid it to the left,

Only to see Sukuna laying on your bed.

"Sukuna?" You questioned as he opened one of his eyes. Well- two of his eyes? Anyways, they seemed to scan your body before he turned to fully face you. "I see you have similar taste to that one sorcerer." He'd comment and you laughed nervously. While it looked amazing, it was obvious the ladies at the shop were trying their best to match you along with Gojo. "Ah, well...Mei picked it out for me. We did some things together today." You gave a small smile trying to make an excuse before Sukuna scoffed. "If you're trying to fool someone with a lie, it's best to not make such a lie obvious." He'd remark and you were about to start an question him until he continued: "Mei has been gone all day. Seems as if something was up with that yellow haired brat. So she took her off somewhere so they could get some things straight." The words rolled off his tongue and seemed to strike you harshly. You were caught in the middle of a lie. Would he be angry? Perhaps punish you? "You might as well tell me what you've been up to. I'm sure you realize lying will only do you more damage." With a smirk, sukuna sat up and faced you with a man spread, elbow on his thighs as he leaned down slightly.

There was no point in lying. He was right. This was his area after all, he'd find out sooner or later. "Gojo and I were doing some things. Nothing strange, it's just he took me to meet someone. But in the process we ran into some shops and ended up buying some things." Now...did you tell the truth? Yes. Did you conceal a lot of things and leave out important information? Yes. Did you twist the truth a bit? Well...yes, but at least you were sorta honest?

Sukuna smirked before walking over to you. It was intimidating how his body slowly made its way over to you; his chest slightly exposed from the outfit he wore. He leaned down and grasped your chin, "is that so?" Sukuna then kissed you. He took a step forward and his hands wondered to your back as if to steady you. "Mm!" Your eyes were shut as your face burned before you placed a hand on his chest, quickly pushing yourself off and looking away. He only stared down at you before giving a deadpanned look; "How boring. I suppose this is an upgrade anyways." He then walked back over to the bed and laid back down.

Boring?!

Not your fault you didn't feel like this man getting handsy with you??

"Hey..." he started, body faced the other way where all you could see what his back. "Take off your clothes."

'...huh?'

Your mind tried to process what he just said. "Take off my clothes?!" You repeated with a gasp that was a little too dramatic. "Stop yelling, will you? I meant change into something else. It's bold of you to walk near me in that outfit resembling that blue eyed freak so much. It's almost like you want me to do something to you. If you want me to do something it's best if you ask directly rather than give hints." He'd chuckle lowly and you eyed him before seeing another outfit by your changing folder. "You're the one who was in my room before I could change...why are you even here anyways?" You questioned before picking up the silk smooth outfit. Sukuna didn't answer, and all you could do was huff in annoyance before going behind the changing  blinders. "Don't look, alright?" You say and Sukuna waved you off: "don't flatter yourself."

"You're the one who can't keep your hands off of me," you smirked as you began to untie the ribbon to your outfit.

"Your the one who seems to want it. Admit you like the way it feels to have me-"

"Don't finish that sentence! And don't assume things!" You yelled out for your own sanity. All you could do was press your lips together from your mood and finish getting changed. Even though he was smirking, Sukuna acted as if he didn't enjoy your reaction. "You've been my offering for a while now. Yet you still can't handle me? What a shame." He'd start and the memories of you being warned about the previous offerings entered your mind. What if he'd throw you out and kill you because you're not used to him yet? Wait, he can't do that. You're is personal chef now.

"I'm also your personal cook." You start, walking from behind the blinders in an outfit more comfortable. "Indeed you are," he'd acknowledge and you smiled to yourself knowing that everything was still okay. Ah- a ribbon was on the ground. You walked past the bed to pick it up—but suddenly Sukuna grabbed your wrist before yanking you on top on him. "Hey-!" You yelped from surprise: only to see him staring at you. "Your cooking isn't bad either.." he'd close his eyes as his grip on both of your arms tightened,

"But I crave more than simple human food. Why won't you fall in love with me?" Your eyes widened at his words.

No, why was your heart beating quickly?

Why was your face burning?

All you could do was mutter his name, to which his gaze became more intense. "Feelings don't work like that. I can't force myself to love someone. If I think I do, then I would most likely tell you," mumbling off you gazed to the side. A look of sight annoyance or anger overcame him before he breathed out and pushed you off of him. Not so harshly that it hurt—but he forced your body to lay next to his. He went back to his previous position; facing away from you with his body laid out on the side, his right elbow propped up and his face against his hand. "Just shut up and go to sleep." He'd grumble and you sat up, "if you just want to take my bo-" you instantly shut up as his hand squeezed your thigh tightly. You quickly snatched your thigh away and laid back down.

How rude. Besides, It's not like you were tired?

the sun was just setting. It's not even night time yet.

...

So why did your eyelids suddenly feel heavy? The only thing you could see was Sukuna's broad back. Oddly, it made you feel safe. It was horrifying and strange how being beside a literal murderer and ruler made you feel safe. If anything, you should want to run away. Why do you like him? It doesn't make sense.

Hey...you didn't answer. Why do you like him?

Shaking your head, you closed your eyes and found yourself falling into a restful sleep.

———————————
[AT THE SCENE]

While the girl rested next to him, the top of the curse's ears were tinted a crimson color.

Was he going soft?

Why did he feel this way?

It's like everyday he began to grow more...possessive, of you. To say the least.

He wasn't in love. It's almost impossible for a man like him to have romantic feelings for another that strongly. But he was definitely fond of you, that's for sure.

Only the future knows what can happen.

—————-

Talk about a cliche