Chapter 16

Chapter name: Maybe he is a husband?!
—————————-
——————-
————-
——-

"I've never seen you smile near great master before!" Akira sat on your bed, her soft golden hair falling on her shoulder. You noticed that Mei and Akria often addressed sukuna by "great master" a term which you think many of the workers here called him.

You didn't want to admit that you actually laughed and smiled while in his company. It just—felt weird to admit something like that. "I was faking it. That's all." You quickly dismissed her curiosity which caused the young girl to pout. "I'm twelve! I'm not that dense! Even a five year old could tell that you were enjoying yourself!" She pushed herself off of your bed with her arms crossed. "Why are you even here?!" You huffed out with flushed cheeks. This conversation was embarrassing and you wanted it to be over with. Akria chuckled like the little devil she was; a smug grin on her lips. "Oh? Why so flustered?" Her eyes seemed almost cat-like as she tried to play innocent. "Answer my question or else I'll tell Megumi you hate him." You spoke with your hands on your hips and the young girl gasped.

"No! Please, anything but that! How is he ever going to love me if he thinks I hate him!" She clasped her hands together before speaking once more; "wait—so you know where Megumi is? That's why I came here! No ones heard from him yet! The great master was looking for him!" She threw her hands up in a panicked state. "Not only that, and because I miss looking at him, He has an important scroll with him." She finished her reasoning and this caused you to quirk a brow. "A scroll?" Akira covered her mouth as she quickly looked around. "I wasn't supposed to say that. I'm sorry, I need to go, oh I need to go!" Her small frame quickly rushed past you as she slid your door open and left.

'How strange'

You sat on your bed, soon allowing your body to fall back as you stared at your ceiling. "He's been gone since yesterday." You frowned at the mere though of something happening to Megumi. Even if he was back at the village, Sukuna told you that you couldn't go back to the village until two days later. This was his way to teach you a lesson on respect. Stupid, wasn't it? How dare he stop you from seeing your family?! "Not like he has family of his own. So he wouldn't understand," you sighed trying to sympathize with the curse. You had to admit that for the rumors going around about him, he was being very lenient with you. Either way, Sukuna was pure evil and was probably satan himself. If he's being lenient with you it's only because he wants something—and it's pretty obvious on what he wants. Of course you refused to give it to him but you doubt he'd give up so easily. Finding yourself cringing at the topic in your head, you quickly changed it.

Megumi,
Your family,

Biting your lip, your mind began to wonder. You wanted to find out where Megumi ran off to. You wanted to see your family and assure them that you were okay.

"He might have five wives that's he's running around to."

WHAT IF MEGUMI ACTUALLY HAD WIVES THAT HE NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT?? Ugh, your mind was becoming one of a fourteen year old maiden in your village who joined the gossip groups. "I already made a meal for him. Maybe if I tell Mei to tell Sukuna I'm in the kitchen experimenting with different foods, I can sneak off and visit my family. And if I have time, I can try to find megumi as well." You deeply sighed at the idea. "While it's a mild plan, I'm still risking a lot, huh?" Despite the risks that was evident in your plan, you pushed yourself off of your bed and made your way out your room.

———★︎✰︎★︎———

"Were you dropped as a child?" Mei asked coldly as she eyed you.