Chapter 22

Chapter name; Comforted by the devil himself
—————————
——————
———-
——

Sukuna sat on the large oversized round mattress. White clear-like cloth hung from the ceilings and hung around his bed like shield; only the front part exposed. With his arms crossed he stared down on you; "explain to me what happened."

You were feeling anxious about being in his room for the first time. To your surprise, the room was well kept and clean. But your mind kept racing back to the danger you were in. You've literally stepped into the den of a predator as their prey.

You sat in front of him, a few feet away, sitting with your hands on your knees. "Megumi...did something for me." You started—hoping that tears wouldn't leave your eyes as you began to speak on the topic. "And then a man named mahito came and killed Megumi...right in front of me..but I'm pretty sure it was one of mahito's partners or something that killed...him.." you bit your lip as your hands began to shake at the memory of his death.

Man, you were going to be traumatized from this, huh?

"Idiot." Sukuna lowly muttered as his hand made its way to his face. He seemed to be thinking before removing his hand with an exhausted sigh and staring at you. His eyes watched as you tried your best to stay composed in front of him. "Well, aren't you angry?" Sukuna questioned as he then laid on his side. His elbow propped up with his hand resting against his face. You were definitely sad and held a grudge against yourself. I mean, you did let your best friend die in front of you. "It's...complicated," you frowned shaking your head lightly in disbelief at this entire situation. "How boring. Are you really not angry?" Sukuna asked and you felt annoyed that he kept pestering you on this topic. Can't he see you were trying to calm yourself down?! "I'm not-!" You started, already glaring at him with your hands clenched. Fuck. You instantly realized what he was trying to do after seeing that cocky smile of his.

"It's always best to show how you feel. At least when your behind closed doors." He began before pushing himself up and waltzing over to you. Was this his poor way of comforting you? He kneeled down in front of you and gave a salesman's sly smile, "how about you channel that anger and help me show a fool something." He starts and quirked a brow. He was obviously talking about mahito. But why did he want to hurt him? Out of boredom? Or maybe to help you feel comforted?

"I need to show him what happens when he gets too involved." Sukuna starts with his hand up and you instantly deadpan. Of course— it always about him.

Sukuna stood up and ran a hand through his pink hair. "Megumi had something that I need. Not only can he create another body for me so I can never die out, but inside his body contained a blue gem that I needed." Oh! Now that you remember, mahito did mention something about Megumi having a gem inside of him. Shit—you've actually seen it!

"No one knows how it got there, but we're assuming it has something to do with his dad." Sukuna mentioned before grabbing you by the wrist and yanking you off the ground. Surprised by his actions and brute force, you weren't able to properly fix your balance. So you ended up pressed against his chest. Despite how flustered you were, Sukuna didn't even bat an eye. "So since you're angry as well, it's only best that we show him off." Sukuna's face turned into a sick twisted smile,

But yet you chucked softly.

Not used to hearing that from you, Sukuna quickly looked at you; confused. You pushed yourself off of him, hands still on his chest. "Sorry. I'm just surprised that you actually care about me being angry. I was expecting for you to say my emotions are entertaining or some cruel joke." You smiled and removed your hands from his chest, "it's actually kind of cute."

A nerve appeared on Sukuna's forehead before he crossed his arms. "I wouldn't say that again if I were you." He starts with an annoyed tone. You put your hands up in defense with a cheeky grin. This the second time you felt semi comfortable around this man.

"So we're going to get revenge for megumi?" You questioned and Sukuna chuckled, starting to walk out his room as you followed by his side. "If that's what you want to consider it. But Im not doing this for your revenge. I'm doing it for a different reason." He starts and you simply hum in response. "As long as I can at least get a hit on mahito...then.." you went quiet. Were you really ready to beat the sugar honey ice tea out of someone for vengeance?

Meh. Yeah. Honestly, you were.

Sukuna seemed pleased on your answer before placing his hand on your head. You had flinched from thinking he'd hit you—but suddenly felt warm at his gesture. "Keep that spirit. You'll need it. Instead of walking over there to his hideout, I'd rather have him come to me." Sukuna mentions before removing his hand.

"I'm assuming you can fight, you'll fit right in." Sukuna mentions and you nod with a determined look. "Yeah. I'd like to.." before you could finish your rant of anger, you saw Itadori leaning against a pillar. "Itadori!" You called out and quickly left Sukuna's side to walk over to the pink haired male. It didn't seem like he got much sleep either. Not to mention he still looked devastated about the events. "(Y/n)!" Itadori met you half way and placed his hands on your shoulders. "Are you okay?!"

Ah.

Even when he was in distress, he was worried about you. Even if you were the same towards him—it warmed your heart. "I'm fine. But are you okay?" You went to place a hand on Itadori's, but Sukuna had yanked you away and over to his side. "It's best not to play with others' toys, brat. Besides you can talk later. I'm assuming you got the message so now we can decide what to do."

Normally you'd start an argument over Sukuna calling you a toy but you were curious about the message. Itadori must've seen your confused face as he placed a hand behind his head and spoke, "if needed, Sukuna can speak to me through my mind. I wasn't fond of it at first but it becomes useful in situations like this. We don't know why...but we think it's because of the gem I accidentally ate that contained some of his essence."

"Seems awkward." You gave a sheepish smile and Itadori nodded vigorously. "Not to mention he can sometimes see what I see. One time I was bathing, and he commented on my-"

"You just need to grow pair. Or rather a few inches, to be exact." Sukuna rolled his eyes and Itadori furrowed his brows before pointing and yelling. "HEY! I HAVE PLENTY! NOT MY FAULT YOURS IS PROBABLY AN INHUMAN SIZE!" This caused Sukuna to grow a devious smirk. "You're not wrong." He nodded and you instantly backed away as Itadori began to bicker and Sukuna stood there like a parent dealing with a rowdy child.

Despite having something so traumatic happen, you can find peace in moments like this.

But of course even that ends. Because soon you had to talk about the game plan for Mahito's visit.

———————-

[B EHIN D THE ₴₵Ɇ₦Ɇ₴??]

"Ahh, it's pretty to look at." The male with blue hair smiled before an older curse with a grumpy expression huffed. "It's still bloody and has no shine." He resembled a volcano and the curse next to him, who spoke backwards, nodded along with a flower in their hands.

"..I wonder if she'll remember me," The blue hair male sighed before placing the gem down and rolling into the ground.

———

I have the "love is hard for Otaku's" intro stuck in my head.

[I DONT PROOF READ]